From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <ge3Mg.25081$rP1.3608(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:
>Lloyd Parker wrote:
>> In article <gjLLg.24553$rP1.17689(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
>> Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:

>>>You mean it doesn't support your Religious views - so what? It is vastly
>>>more scientific than anything you have produced.

>>>UHU and "news papers", you know those things with cartoons and comics in
>>>them are "scientific", according to you?
>>>

>> Dr Eric Wolff of the British Antarctic Survey and the leader of the science
>> team for the 10-nation European Project for Ice Coring in Antarctica
reported
>> at British Association Festival of Science in Norwich.
>>
>I want to see the paper he has published. Cite that paper, news papers
>stuff things up badly and can make a silk purse look like a sow's ear.

He presented this at a scientific conference.

>>>You missed the point totally. The point being that 4400 ppm CO2 didn't
>>>alter the temperature much from that of today. See lower.
>

>> OK, real idiot alert here.
>
>I know, but hey, you are allowed to be an idiot, as long as you keep
>taking your medication.

>>>Why should I believe your raw assertion? I would rather believe an
>>>actual study!
>>

>> That site did none!
>
>Answer the question!

Answer one: Why do you post things from non-science sites?

>>>You can't answer that, can you and resort to being totally ridiculous.
> >
>> You're using a site with no science behind it.
>
>You are evading the topic once again.

No I'm not. You're a fool. Why do you go to sites with no science?

>Answer the question put, not
>resort to ad hominem attacks on people. If you don't have a clue, just
>say so, it is bleeding obvious you don't have a clue as it is.
>
>> Why do you idiots persist in
>> finding this wacko sites? We keep referring you to NASA and IPCC, but you
>> keep finding "We don't need no stinking science" sites.
>
>It is vastly more scientific than your screeching "idiots", "wacko
>sites" etc.

You're stupid. Now THAT has scientific basis.

>You clearly object to the study that is backed up with sources and
>references, unlike your "We don't need no stinking science", and rely on
>chanting dogma instead.

You've cited no study, and you're too dumb to even know that?

>>>If you have managed to change something that occurred 460 million years
>>>ago, how come you haven't patented the time machine you must have?
>>
>> And how do you know what it was like then?
>
>How so you know it wasn't? Where is your study on that issue?

>>>And the creationists have invented "Intelligent Design". They too have
>>>"gotten a lot better"!

>>>Bravo, so you can cite a couple on names, but nothing of relevance from
>>>the article.
>>

>> The article is wrong from top to bottom.
>
>Another bit of assertion without even the faintest bit of justification.

So back up your assertion.

>>>Yes, any "creationist" worth their salt would definitely make a claim
>>>like that!
>
>> Huh? That's a notorious industry-shill site.
>
>Yes, that is the language of creationists, evade and avoid dealing with
>issues, chuck in a barrow load of red herrings instead!

No, it is well-known. Check it out.

>>>And that statement is a lie. It is the very best he can do in response,
>>>presumably.
>>>

>> OK, idiot^2.
>
>You claim to be an idiot twice over - you are starting to get a good
>mental picture of yourself :-)

>>>I have seen you provide nothing at all to refute it with
>>>

>> IPCC. NAS. NASA.
>
>So? Anyone can string a few letters together, they refute nothing. Where
>is your citation, specific and to the point. If you don't have one,
>don't be shy, admit it!

OK, you're more than 1 person, right? No one person can be this dumb.

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <D44Mg.25114$rP1.15628(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:
>Phil. wrote:

>Surely you are not serious!
>
>First of all we had better note this:
>(del) (cur) 09:24, 19 June 2006 . . Dragons flight
>
>(Why not a real name?) has deleted an original file and placed what
>exists there. It is an ongoing debate and hardly "settled" by the look
>of the history. It is not an "authority", but a debate featuring a
>certain "Dragons flight" in the driving seat.
>
>The oldest reference goes back to 3 August 2003 (hist) (diff) Texas
>Academy of Mathematics and Science, and that was for spelling
>corrections only.
>
>That supports what I have been saying for a long time. There is a
>"BALANCE", what comes in, goes out. Note the incoming "radiation" is
>235 - the outgoing radiation is 195+40=235!

No it is not. Simple math is beyond you as well.

>NO NET GAIN.
>
>However that article/graph is bogus to the extent it effectively claims
>perpetual motion. A perpetual motion that is cumulative and suggests an
>accumulation of heat on a daily basis that has the effect of rendering
>the planet uninhabitable. It is something that would have already
>occurred billions of years ago.
>
>I also notice that it is Global Cooling they talk about there as their
>ISA has dropped by 1 whole degree to only 14 C!

I notice you're acting the village idiot again.

>BTW according to Lloyd, it is useless because it dates back to 1997. He
>has declared a 1998 study to be "out of date, we know better now". Why
>should that be any different, using Lloyd's "logic"?
>
>Further more, that is no better assertions than the "is too" kind we see
>here. I particularly dispute this assertion: "The atmosphere in turn
>transfers the energy it receives both into space (38%) and back to the
>Earth's surface (62%)". I want detailed proof that this is so, it
>certainly defies logic without any.

I want proof you're not a vegetable.

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <b0p1g2dop65bfkdcfrpk3fia2iuqmp1cr3(a)4ax.com>,
Retief <nospam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>> >What the hell are you smoking, Lloyd? "Without CO2, that IR emitted
>> >by the earth would escape into space"!!?? You're kidding, right?
>>
>> The ir now absorbed by the increased CO2 would.
>
>The reader will note that this incorrect claim is different than
>Lloyd's previous incorrect claim. Let us examine his latest.
>
>Lloyd claims, with certainty, that the IR now absorbed by the
>increased CO2 would escape into space, without considering any of the
>atmopsheric the IR band interactions. That is, Lloyd apparently
>thinks that this interaction process is _linear_...
>
>http://www.optics.arizona.edu/rsg/menu_items/resources/equip/water-vap.htm
> "Columnar Water Vapor Retrieval"
>
> "Water vapor can not be determined as easily as aerosols and ozone
> for two reasons. The first of these is that the amount of
> absorption by water vapor is not linear with the amount of the
> gas. That is, if we double the amount of water vapor, we do not
> double the absorption. This is because many of the absorption
> lines are saturated to the point where all of the energy is
> absorbed. Thus adding more water vapor can not increase the
> absorption."

And does that mention CO2? You do know CO2 and H2O are different, right?

>Does Lloyd's IR photon fall within one of these bands? These bands
>overlap with CO2.
>
>That is, if the IR photon in question fell in the band where the
>atmosphere already was quite opaque due to water vapor, then Lloyd's
>claim is clearly false. Water vapor accounts for 60% of the
>"greenhouse" effect:
>
>http://physicsweb.org/articles/world/16/5/7/3

Irrelevant, as you've been told umpteen times. CO2 is the majority of the
added GH effect.

> "The spectroscopic data that are required to model long-wave
> atmospheric absorptions are generally well characterized. When
> these data are put into atmospheric models, water turns out to be
> responsible for about 60% of the greenhouse effect, while the
> much-reviled carbon-dioxide molecule accounts for just 26%. ..."

Again, irrelevant.

From: Orator on
Lloyd Parker wrote:

> In article <8H2Mg.25056$rP1.5589(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:
>
>>Lloyd Parker wrote:

>>>Most CO2 is below the top of the atmosphere.
>>
>>Did I say "the top of the atmosphere"? No I didn't. Did my post contain
>>"the top of the atmosphere" in it anywhere? No it didn't! It is another
>>piece of fiction on your part.
>>
> Only CO2 at the top of the atmosphere can re-radiate IR out into space.

That one is definitely going into my collection of bloopers :-)

>>>That means they radiate to other
>>>parts of the atmosphere, where there are other CO2 molecules.
>>
>>....and each and every one radiates more out from the planet than toward
>>the planet.
>

> No, imagine a sphere.

Are you honestly that bloody slow up top? What part of the above did you
fail to understand?

> It's surrounded on all sides by the atmosphere;

No bloody kidding! I would never have guessed! And pray tell what
exactly is "atmosphere"?

> only the top leads directly out of the atmosphere.

Is that so.... and where exactly is "the top" eh? Where is that last
little CO2 molecule that radiates into space? More importantly do we
even need to know that? Of course not, it doesn't matter a hoot!

> And even IR radiated upwards is
> going to encounter other CO2 molecules unless the molecule emitting is at the
> top of the atmosphere.

BRAVO! Now that you have figured that out that above the molecule
radiation "upward" there is another molecule. Then it is bleeding
obvious that it too radiates "upward", and then another molecule is
encountered and it too radiates "upward", and then another molecule is
encountered and it too radiates "upward", and then another molecule is
encountered and it too radiates "upward", and then another molecule is
encountered.......

Get the picture yet? Each and every one of them radiates more out into
space than they do to earth. As there are massive amounts of these (but
an amount nobody can agree on) each radiates on average 6% more out into
space than back to earth, then there has to be a cumulative effect of
more being radiated OUT than IN.

This effect is magnified with an increase of CO2 (and other GH gases).

>>That means you have a cumulative effect of ever greater
>>portion being radiated OUT from the planet.
>

> How do you visualize a sphere in which every direction leads away from the
> atmosphere?

I don't and have never ever suggested anything as foolish as that! It is
another figment of your imagination.

>>That is why there is no need
>>to consider that part. It is detrimental to your "religion" in any event.
>>

>>>Take a sphere and examine all those places we call "interior."
>>
>>Why should I need to do that when the re-radiation is omni-directional,
>>and it is known that the majority is out to space.
>

> No it is not.

Yes it is, and it is quite silly to argue otherwise, it is most
unintelligent.

> Visualize a sphere surrounded by atmosphere. How can the
> majority of directions lead away from the atmosphere?

There should be a law against being allowed to be that dense! That
"sphere" IS the "atmosphere"!

>>Oh, just in case you wonder, no it doesn't radiate "inward".
>>

> It radiates in all directions, most of which consist of more atmosphere.

How the hell do you even manage to get a job as a janitor or gardener at
an .edu with such a serious handicap?

>>Was that question too hard for you as well?
>

> You're claiming a sphere embedded in the atmosphere has most of its surface
> exposed not to atmosphere but space?

You are not answering the question put! Can't answer it can you. You
are restoring to that imagination of your again.

From: Orator on
Lloyd Parker wrote:

> In article <ge3Mg.25081$rP1.3608(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:

A number of questions were posed, and requests for proof were made, NOT
ONE was actually answered nor any proof provided for anything at all.

unanswered, and ANSWER the questions!