From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <1158421342.693823.326780(a)m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>,
kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>Lloyd Parker wrote:
>> In article <1158415619.735054.97590(a)m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
>> kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>> >,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

>> > And you should be held liable for stating this false science here,
>> >that is done without analyses of the overall heat or energy of the gas.
>> >Any proportion of air to CO2 at temperatures and the pressures of the
>> >atmosphere, will achieve EXACTLY THE SAME TEMPERATURE.. This is
>> >scientific fact. Diference in heat capacity would change the time of
>> >achieving final temperature. The fact is there is virtually no
>> >difference in heat capacity of CO2 to molecular nitrogen and oxygen at
>> >these temperatures and pressure conditions either. You have no
>> >statistics to support your superstition that CO2 has any capability to
>> >cause any kind of warming.

>> Sigh. For the umpteenth time, it's not heat capacity; it's absorption of
IR
>> radiation. CO2 can do it; N2 cannot.
>
>And for the umpteenth time, where is the energy of this IR absorption.
>Energy = hv x(intensity).

The energy goes into increased amplitude of bond vibration -- internal energy.
This can then be transferred to another molecule and becomes kinetic energy.

>You have no connection for absorption of IR
>and measurement of relevant energy or heat. Heat is energy.

Yes, but not all energy is heat.

>Energy is a
>real thing. Conservation of Energy is a valid law of physics.

Is there a law of conservation of heat?

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <1158426725.581027.246490(a)i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>Lloyd Parker wrote:
>> In article <1158415619.735054.97590(a)m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
>> Sigh. For the umpteenth time, it's not heat capacity; it's absorption of
IR
>> radiation. CO2 can do it; N2 cannot.

>You are also quite annoying in the way you use the term "IR radiation".

How about "vibrating waves of electromagnetic radiation" then?

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <1158432930.610972.60280(a)h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>Lloyd Parker wrote:
>> In article <1158415619.735054.97590(a)m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
>> kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>> >,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>Here are some quotes from you as an indoctrinie of the great grenhouse
>superstition...
>
>> Sigh. For the umpteenth time, it's not heat capacity; it's absorption of
IR
>> radiation. CO2 can do it; N2 cannot.
>>
>Heat capacity does not change final temperature. It is the quantity of
>energy absorbed as a substance warms, therefore it appears as a greater
>amount of time to reach final temperature, since greater quantity of
>energy must be absorbed from the energy present in the radiation field,
>for a higher heat capacity. Any abnormal properties of CO2 would appear
>in it's heat capacity. If it were absorbing and keeping "IR" radiation,
>this could be measured in the defenciency from the input heat. 'Higher
>heat capacity'. If it were trapping radiation (pong effect) it wouuld
>register lower heat capacity since it would be letting less energy
>leave the system and energy within the system would be higher at less
>input of heat energy.
>
>KD
>>"So what! The intensity of thermal and infrared coming from the sun is
>>much greater than that from the earth regardless of the intensity peak."
>
>LP
>Again, irrelevant. What matters is how the total energy received by
>the earth compares with the total energy emitted. The sun doesn't fill
>the
>space around the earth; we receive less IR from the sun than we emit.
>
>kd
>There's one of those critical points that can be disproven by acurate
>data but this data is not sought by the frenzied devotees to the
>superstition.
>LP
>If the earth was at equilibrium for millions of years (energy from sun
>=
>energy re-radiated) and now you reduce one side of the equilibrium
>(energy
>re-radiated due to more CO2), the equilibrium will eventually shift to
>get
>back to equilibrium, but that can take quite a while (especially if you
>keep
>disturbing the equilibrium by adding more CO2).
>
>KD
>Quantify...the strictest imposition of CO2 controls could not affect
>CO2 concentrations by more than .000001....

Up 36% at last count.

>This is disturbed mechanics. If you quantify the energy required to
>raise the temperature of the earth, quantify the proportions of CO2
>change, then surely somewhere in laboratory data you could find some
>trace of CO2 causing any effect on temperature at all,

You could not, if you use real science and real data. If you make up things
and copy things from industry sites, you could find the earth is flat.

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <klipg2h4m78knnccns6n8bdojtiic8kep7(a)4ax.com>,
Retief <nospam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>> >And WITH the added CO2, IR emitted by the Earth will escape into
>> >space. So what's your point? Oh, I see... It was a non sequitur...
>>
>> The IR which is absorbed by the added CO2 would be lost without the
>> added CO2, unless you think a big bird comes along and swallows it.
>
>Only if Lloyd Parker believes that chemistry is linear.
>
>For example, Lloyd would assert that if you double the CO2, you'll
>double the energy absorbed from a given IR band, even if the IR band
>in question is already fully absorbed by the existing CO2.

And if pigs had wings, they could fly.

>> >It is certainly added, as the surface warms -- this can be due to any
>> >number of causes (including solar variations, changes in surface
>> >albedo, etc)
>>
>> But none of these have been changing recently.
>
>There are solar variations that occur regularly.

The sun has not increased its output in the last 15 years.

>> >You are the one who has asserted that there is an anomalous warming
>> >occurring, you provide the proof. (or conversely, disprove all other
>> >hypotheses and "sources of warming")
>>
>> No, we (meaning science) have provided an answer with proof. Since
>> you reject the scientific explanation, provide one of your own.
>
>No, you have made claims such as "Since the early 1990s we have had
>the hottest years on record. Fact.", but will not provide data that
>supports your claim.

IPCC report data.

>You have provided NO PROOF (we've been through this issue before,
>Lloyd). You provided the flimsiest of evidence. You provided studies
>whose results depend on erroneous methodologies. And then you demand
>that those who reject your weak and false claims "prove that your
>wrong"... that's called "shifting the burden of proof".
>
>> What is causing the current warming?
>
>You tell me. You are the one who asserted that it was Anthropogenic.
>Prove that it is due to something other than natural variations.

There are no natural variations which can account for it. When you eliminate
the natural, what is left?

>> >Atmosphere, biosphere, ocean, rocks, soil...
>>
>> And the part that's going into the atmosphere -- explain why it's
>> not causing warming.
>
>Insignificant heat capacity.

Chronitron particles affecting the warp plasma.

> Explain why what's going on with the
>rocks, soil, biosphere and ocean are not causing the warming.

Huh?

>> >Which obvious connection? Oh, you mean the one to sunspots and solar
>> >variations?
>>
>> No changes in the past 15 years and the earth continues to warm.
>
>You must have missed the last sunspot maximum, huh Lloyd?...

The sun's output has not increased. That's in the scientific literature.

>> >(and we note that "solar variation" includes more than a
>> >simple minded "the insolation hasn't changed by _that_ much" argument
>>
>> The truth gets in your way, doesn't it?
>
>The truth gets in your way.
>
>Explain how variations in the spectral output of the sun do not affect
>the biosphere, and absorption coefficients of the Earth system.

The energy output has not increased.

>> >-- there is also the spectrum issue, and its interaction with the
>> >biosphere, etc...)
>>
>> What part of "the sun isn't changing" do you not understand?
>
>You must have missed the last sunspot maximum, huh Lloyd?...

You missed the part about the sun's output not increasing. Why use an
indirect measurement when we have a direct one?

>> >Note: Shifting the burden a proof -- a fallacy of logic.
>>
>> No, you're claiming the added CO2 -- the explanation accepted by
>> science
>
>Who is "science"? Give me his/her name.
>
>Lloyd pretends that there is a concensus on the entire issue.

Science says there is.

>> -- is not responsible for the warming, so provide your own
>> explanation.
>
>Note: Shifting the burden a proof -- a fallacy of logic.
>
>Lloyd claims that something anomalous is occurring, the burden to
>prove this lies with Lloyd.\

Wouldn't you demand proof from someone who claims the earth is just 6000 years
old?

>> >No it hasn't.
>>
>> Yes it has. Lindzen has no credibility here except among your ilk.
>
>That's because Lindzen refutes and disagrees with your religion.

Yeah, sure.

>> >You made the same false claim about Wegman's report -
>> >but didn't cite the refutation.
>>
>> Yeah, those Republican politicians may be your standard for science;
>> they're not mine.
>
>Lloyd falsely accuses Wegman, Scott and Said of being Rebublican
>politicians.

Who commissioned their study?

>And yet at the same time, Lloyd will cite a left-wing
>web page (realclimate), as a 'standard for science".

OK, dumb and dumber.

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <tppPg.30626$rP1.1755(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:
>Lloyd Parker wrote:
>
>> In article <5ameg2ppdrib5rsqdvt3fboofopde8f42i(a)4ax.com>,
>> Retief <nospam(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>>You have failed to prove that increasing CO2 is the _cause_ of global
>>>warming. How do you know it's not Methane?
>>
>> Because methane hasn't increased enough to be the cause.
>
>There is one or more statements embedded in that answer that needs
>explaining.
>
>1 - Methane doesn't cause GW.

From the same type of person who reads an article and lies about what it says.

>2 - Methane must be at a certain specific (but unstated) amount before
>it has any effect.
>
>These are tm-Lloyd Parker statements.

You are a liar.