From: hanson on
In total vain, Kent, the incessant loud mouthed nemesis of
the little green idiots that infest these NGs like web lice and
net fleas, whines in total desperation:
> Perhaps this can be discussed rationally, without the constant
> rejoinder always added by the greenhouse believers, "you're stupid
> if you don't agree with what all the reasonable people agree to."

[hanson]
Fat chance KD, but you could terminate YOUR endless discussions
win your debate and make your point successfully if you were to follow
any these steps in these links which the enviros are deadly afraid of:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.global-warming/msg/803aa85567789eb2
http://groups.google.com/group/soc.history.what-if/msg/23618cb86bde9ad6
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.global-warming/msg/24f0a92030b41cef
.... but it appears by now, that you don't have the balls for any of
it but that you prefer to lament just like the greenies do.... ahahaha...
Maybe... just like you said above: "you're stupid" after all... ahahaha..
But, thanks for the laughs!.... ahahahahaha...
ahahaha... ahahanson

From: kdthrge on

Retief wrote:
On 23 Sep 2006 13:45:24 -0700, "Phil." <felton(a)princeton.edu> wrote:

http://www.wmo.ch/web/sat/en/im2-12.htm

The graphs depicted here are not correct in the sense that the sun
radiates in all the lower frequencies. At the equator under ideal
conditons, about 400 Wm-2 do not make it to the ground. This is all of
the far infrared and about half of nearer infrared.

Also the irradiance from the sun changes considerably with angle of the
sun. The closer infrared (3 microns or shorter) partially make it to
the lower atmosphere before being absorbed. At angles of about 30
degrees or more, almost none of the frequencies of the infrared make it
to the ground, Ultraviolets also drop off considerably. Leaving only
energy from the visible frequencies. The air is warmed considerably
from this absorbed radiation.

Virtually none of the energy of the radiation from the earth travel
into space unabsorbed.

Kent Deatherage

From: z on

kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> http://www.innovations-report.de/html/berichte/geowissenschaften/bericht-10950.html
>
> Here is a site that discuses the fact that the analyses of the heat
> system of the earth is not an exact science. The fact is established
> however, that there is a heat source that is not determined within the
> earth.

Are you actually suggesting that heat from the INSIDE of the earth is a
significant factor in the climate at the surface and in the atmosphere?
On my planet, the only times the ground isn't COOLER than the
atmosphere is when it's obviously being heated by the sun.

From: z on

kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:

> I don't understand what you mean. The real test is of the earth's
> radiation, not the visible light and near infrareds of the sun, and in
> this test, volume is constant so pressure increases with increasing
> temperature. CO2 weighs 44, air is average weight 29. I would not be
> surprised if CO2 deflects frequencies around .8 -.9 microns more than
> air. In a carefully controlled experiment like this in sunlight, the
> CO2 may achieve a higher temperature. But not in earth's radiation.
> This would mean that higher CO2 would block radiation from reaching the
> ocean from the sun and actually cause a cooling of the earth's
> temperature.

absorption spectrum of CO2. Look into it.

From: BlithelyAcceptTheDominantParadigm on
z wrote:
> kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>http://www.innovations-report.de/html/berichte/geowissenschaften/bericht-10950.html
>>
>>Here is a site that discuses the fact that the analyses of the heat
>>system of the earth is not an exact science. The fact is established
>>however, that there is a heat source that is not determined within the
>>earth.
>

> Are you actually suggesting that heat from the INSIDE of the earth is a
> significant factor in the climate at the surface and in the atmosphere?
> On my planet, the only times the ground isn't COOLER than the
> atmosphere is when it's obviously being heated by the sun.

This is a reflection that the net longwave still leads to pretty good
cooling at the surface at most times at most places.

That is not however a measure of the significance or insignificance of
terrestrial heat. Better are models and measurments which put
the flux at relatively low ( around 0.05 W/m^2 ) levels.