From: jch on
I have a Linksys 160NL and I'm looking at the DD-WRT software but changing
to it makes me a little nervous as I'm pretty sure there's no going back. I
use DD-WRT for a WRT54G I've turned into a wireless bridge and its fine but
I've never heard much about the 160NL version.
Does anyone have any experience with the 160NL and DD-WRT software?

From: Char Jackson on
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 23:10:04 -0400, "jch" <jch(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>I have a Linksys 160NL and I'm looking at the DD-WRT software but changing
>to it makes me a little nervous as I'm pretty sure there's no going back. I
>use DD-WRT for a WRT54G I've turned into a wireless bridge and its fine but
>I've never heard much about the 160NL version.
>Does anyone have any experience with the 160NL and DD-WRT software?

Sorry, no experience with the 160NL, but I'm curious why you think you
can't go back to stock if you try dd-wrt and decide you don't like it?

On my WRT54G's (v1 and v3) and WRT54GL's (v1.1), I had no trouble
going from stock to dd-wrt to Tomato to stock and back to dd-wrt.
Would it be different for the 160NL?

From: Tony Hwang on
jch wrote:
> I have a Linksys 160NL and I'm looking at the DD-WRT software but changing
> to it makes me a little nervous as I'm pretty sure there's no going back. I
> use DD-WRT for a WRT54G I've turned into a wireless bridge and its fine but
> I've never heard much about the 160NL version.
> Does anyone have any experience with the 160NL and DD-WRT software?

Hi,
Going back? Why not? You just reflash wuth stock f/w.My WRT600N and 610N
V.2 has dd-wrt. Works just fine.

From: Bob on
On 08/06/2010 04:10, jch wrote:
> I have a Linksys 160NL and I'm looking at the DD-WRT software but changing
> to it makes me a little nervous as I'm pretty sure there's no going back. I
> use DD-WRT for a WRT54G I've turned into a wireless bridge and its fine but
> I've never heard much about the 160NL version.
> Does anyone have any experience with the 160NL and DD-WRT software?

There is a website for the 160nl. It includes "how to flash with DD-WRT"
and from the FAQ:-
"112. How can I revert back to the original Linksys firmware for
WRT160NL (revert to stock firmware)?
**** Download
http://downloads.linksysbycisco.com/downloads/firmware/WRT160NL_v1.00.01.17_code.bin
(or visit http://linksysbycisco.com/EU/en/support/WRT160NL/download) and
go in DD-WRT to Administration tab - Firmware upgrade, and just browse
and upload the original stock firmware. Remember, cable connection only,
everything connected to the power network, preferably to a UPS."
<http://www.wrt160nl.org/>

From: jch on
FAQ #112 doesn't refer to reverting to back to original firmware from DDWRT
or from any 3rd party firmware.

My concern was that because of the various prep and kill images needed to
install DDWRT (like on my WRT54G v5.1) I couldn't go back to the original
firmware. I'm not sure where I got that idea. I thought those special
pre-images did something to prohibit going back. So.... I gather from the
is not an issue?