From: Bob on
On 01/06/2010 19:33, Alexander Shenkin wrote:
> On 6/1/2010 10:02 AM, Bob wrote:

>>> Anyone have any other ideas as to where I might post this question?
>>> Even if proxim doesn't support win 7 yet with their 8470, there might be
>>> a way to tweak older drivers, etc. thanks!
>> Have you tried finding win7 drivers for the chipset the 8470 uses and
>> giving those a try?
>> madwifi lists it as an AR5212
>> <http://madwifi-project.org/wiki/Compatibility/Proxim>
>> At least one person has got the chipset to work in win7
>> <http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/b1e20241-23ed-4c20-a258-360e9aa7fa42>
>>

> Thanks Bob - those are nice ideas. I actually already came across that
> post, and tried using the AWLC4030 driver, but it didn't work for me. I
> assume it's because I'm running 64-bit Windows 7. I've searched around
> for other AR5212 drivers for windows 7 x64, but again, no joy. The
> Omnipeek drivers don't do the trick either. There are probably some out
> there that would indeed work (I hope there are, anyway), but I haven't
> been able to find them yet.
Most of the atheros drivers seem to cover a broad range of devices so if
you feel like experimenting you could try the Win7 drivers listed at
<http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/atheros/wifi/Atheros_wlan_9.0.0.173(www.station-drivers.com).exe>
From: Alexander Shenkin on
On 6/1/2010 3:07 PM, Bob wrote:
> On 01/06/2010 19:33, Alexander Shenkin wrote:

>>> Have you tried finding win7 drivers for the chipset the 8470 uses and
>>> giving those a try?
>>> madwifi lists it as an AR5212
>>> <http://madwifi-project.org/wiki/Compatibility/Proxim>
>>> At least one person has got the chipset to work in win7
>>> <http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/b1e20241-23ed-4c20-a258-360e9aa7fa42>
>>>

>> Thanks Bob - those are nice ideas. I actually already came across that
>> post, and tried using the AWLC4030 driver, but it didn't work for me. I
>> assume it's because I'm running 64-bit Windows 7. I've searched around
>> for other AR5212 drivers for windows 7 x64, but again, no joy. The
>> Omnipeek drivers don't do the trick either. There are probably some out
>> there that would indeed work (I hope there are, anyway), but I haven't
>> been able to find them yet.
> Most of the atheros drivers seem to cover a broad range of devices so if
> you feel like experimenting you could try the Win7 drivers listed at
> <http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/atheros/wifi/Atheros_wlan_9.0.0.173(www.station-drivers.com).exe>

Hmm, I gave those drivers a shot, but it doesn't take when trying to
"update drivers" from the device manager. My guess is that they're not
64-bit compatible. I'll search around there for 64-bit drivers, but let
me know if you happen to have some more up your sleeve. thanks.

From: Bob on
On 02/06/2010 13:07, Alexander Shenkin wrote:
> On 6/1/2010 3:07 PM, Bob wrote:

>>> Thanks Bob - those are nice ideas. I actually already came across that
>>> post, and tried using the AWLC4030 driver, but it didn't work for me. I
>>> assume it's because I'm running 64-bit Windows 7. I've searched around
>>> for other AR5212 drivers for windows 7 x64, but again, no joy. The
>>> Omnipeek drivers don't do the trick either. There are probably some out
>>> there that would indeed work (I hope there are, anyway), but I haven't
>>> been able to find them yet.
>> Most of the atheros drivers seem to cover a broad range of devices so if
>> you feel like experimenting you could try the Win7 drivers listed at
>> <http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/atheros/wifi/Atheros_wlan_9.0.0.173(www.station-drivers.com).exe>
>
> Hmm, I gave those drivers a shot, but it doesn't take when trying to
> "update drivers" from the device manager. My guess is that they're not
> 64-bit compatible. I'll search around there for 64-bit drivers, but let
> me know if you happen to have some more up your sleeve. thanks.

The package is supposed to contain 32 and 64 bit drivers.
<http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm>
Did you try just running the exe file rather than using "update drivers"?

From: Alexander Shenkin on
On 6/2/2010 7:19 AM, Bob wrote:
> On 02/06/2010 13:07, Alexander Shenkin wrote:

>>> Most of the atheros drivers seem to cover a broad range of devices so if
>>> you feel like experimenting you could try the Win7 drivers listed at
>>> <http://www.station-drivers.com/telechargement/atheros/wifi/Atheros_wlan_9.0.0.173(www.station-drivers.com).exe>
>>>

>> Hmm, I gave those drivers a shot, but it doesn't take when trying to
>> "update drivers" from the device manager. My guess is that they're not
>> 64-bit compatible. I'll search around there for 64-bit drivers, but let
>> me know if you happen to have some more up your sleeve. thanks.
>>
> The package is supposed to contain 32 and 64 bit drivers.
> <http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm>
> Did you try just running the exe file rather than using "update drivers"?

Just did, and same result unfortunately. Was this driver for a cardbus card?
From: Bob on
On 02/06/2010 14:26, Alexander Shenkin wrote:
> On 6/2/2010 7:19 AM, Bob wrote:

>>> Hmm, I gave those drivers a shot, but it doesn't take when trying to
>>> "update drivers" from the device manager. My guess is that they're not
>>> 64-bit compatible. I'll search around there for 64-bit drivers, but let
>>> me know if you happen to have some more up your sleeve. thanks.
>>>
>> The package is supposed to contain 32 and 64 bit drivers.
>> <http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm>
>> Did you try just running the exe file rather than using "update drivers"?
>
> Just did, and same result unfortunately. Was this driver for a cardbus card?
I just looked for a card that had the AR5212 as part of it's
architecture and that driver covers a wide variety of cards.
<http://www.station-drivers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9678#9678>

What do proxim support say about writing a driver for it? not cost
effective?