From: spudnik on
say, What?

thus:
well, one of HSJ's gedanken experiments bore fruit
with your own programming; makes me want almost
to get into it, myself. I always thought it amuzing,
though others aver that it makes no difference, that
the curvature of Earth (i.e. space) isn't considered as a part
of the problem -- truly, it is generally devized as a pure
application of planar graphtheory, which includes spherical
as a special case, I hear (more elementary stuff to grok),
just as the four-color theorem was turned into that,
in order to save on ink-coloration-by-hand.

now, on the other hand, going beyond the modality
of zero-sum-games with the nodal overview
of both of the could-be salesforce
-- thanks to John "Memorial Nobelist-economist" Nash --
such a communicative approach would be required, if
it was Two Travelling Salesfolk Orienteering (which is
just another version of my new game, EGO,
for one or more players .-)

> As an experiment, I also tried setting the distances equal to the
> costs instead, but to my surprise that worked much less often than the
> distance normalized version. Though in retrospect it's fairly obvious
> why; much of the time, having the two travellers seek to stay close to
> one another is actually a bad idea. Consider nodes arranged in a
> circle with pairs of points close to one another, but in which the
> pairs themselves are far apart, for example.

--go l'OEuvre!
http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/Articles_2009/Relativistic_Moon.pdf
http://wlym.com/~animations/fermat/index.html

thus quoth:
(1) Ampère's demonstration of the physical presence of an angular
force, essentially overthrowing the fundamental assumption of
potential theory as still taught, and its conclusive experimental
proof by the 10-year collaboration of Carl Friedrich Gauss and Wilhelm
Weber;
(2) The 1855 Weber-Kohlrausch experiment, establishing the relative
velocity at which the force between electrical particles is reduced to
zero, and provoking Bernhard Riemann to propose (1858) a similarity in
the propagation of light and the electrodynamic potential;
(3) Weber's subsequent deduction (1871) of the bound state of pairs of
like-charged particle/waves within the confines of a 10-16 to 10-13 cm
spherical radius, establishing the natural basis for the formation of
the atomic nucleus.
In the period from 1999 to 2006, I was able to apply that
understanding of the Ampere-Gauss-Weber electrodynamics to the
Keplerian model of the atomic nucleus proposed in 1985 by Dr. Moon.2 I
arrived at a structure which at once overcame what had been two of the
leading objections to the Rutherford-Bohr-Sommerfeld model of the
atom, without the need to invoke any new conditions ad hoc. The
objections of leading chemists, Lewis, Parsons, Langmuir and others,
to the Bohr atom were summarized by

From: BURT on
On Nov 28, 3:14 pm, spudnik <Space...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> zero, and provoking Bernhard Riemann to propose (1858) a similarity in
> the propagation of light and the electrodynamic potential;
> (3) Weber's subsequent deduction (1871) of the bound state of pairs of
> like-charged particle/waves within the confines of a 10-16 to 10-13 cm
> spherical radius, establishing the natural basis for the formation of
> the atomic nucleus.
>     In the period from 1999 to 2006, I was able to apply that
> understanding of the Ampere-Gauss-Weber electrodynamics to the
> Keplerian model of the atomic nucleus proposed in 1985 by Dr. Moon.2    I
> arrived at a structure which at once overcame what had been two of the
> leading objections to the Rutherford-Bohr-Sommerfeld model of the
> atom, without the need to invoke any new conditions ad hoc. The
> objections of leading chemists, Lewis, Parsons, Langmuir and others,

If there is half life then how does a collection of a radioactive
element know how many is around together?
They seem to need each other.

Mitch Raemsch
From: spudnik on
they know,
by eM!

> If there is half life then how does a collection of a radioactive
> element know how many is around together?
> They seem to need each other.

I have thought that Russels' so-called paradoxes were mostly
linguistic (king's English) hash, akin to Korbyzinski's exercise
in pidgin english, "E-prime;" that is to say,
these are just mind-****s, or inside jokes, or silly-syllogistic
errors. that is to say,
the liar fails to include the element of time, or
a proper use of tenses, which are available to those who try to read
Shakespeare
(if'n y'don't try, y'*lose* the pass/no-fail test).

the barber doesn't cut his own hair;
he makes a get-away to some other village, for the same reason,
I suppose, that even a lawyer will hire another lawyer for his own
indemnification.

Lord Berty, the Peacenik:
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2002/2949moonification.html
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/1995/2246_british_and_maoism.html
http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2003/3042shock_awe_wwii.html
From: zzbunker on
On Nov 13, 11:30 am, "*Anarcissie*" <anarcis...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 13, 11:16 am, John Stafford <n...(a)droffats.net> wrote:
>

> > In article <hdjs2g$tb...(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> >  John Jones <jonescard...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > > Quantum mechanics says that there is no way to predict when an atom will
> > > decay radioactively.
>
> > > This doesn't mean that the decay is random. We wouldn't, for example,
> > > claim that a person who suddenly appears from behind a bus is exhibiting
> > > a new, mysterious, physical state called randomness.
>
> > Who claimed that random was mysterious? And too bad about that analogy
> > to the bus and man.
>
> > > So! - why would we say that the appearance of an outcome of hidden
> > > quantum events is random? Quantum events are necessarily hidden because
> > > physical space itself hides very small objects - but they are still only
> > > "hidden", like the man behind the bus.
>
> > Scale is not important to randomness.
>
> > > I rest my case.
>
> > Upon what?
>
> It was my understanding that the hidden-variable thing had
> been pretty well disposed of a long time ago.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_variable_theory

Well, it was, but only by the philosophic slight-of-hand
of complex probabilty functions. So that's why the people
who understand macroscopic probabilities work on holographics,
light sticks,
and atomic clock wristwatches rather than in 1930 Photo-Electric
labs.
And on HDTV, Blue Ray, Laser-Guided Phasors, Flash Memory, Cyber
Batteries,
Flat Screen Software Debuggers, Distributed Processing Software,
Home Broadband, mp3, mpeg, USB, All-In-One Printers, and Desktop
Publishing,
rather than in 1950 AI Labs.
And on Rapid Protoyping, GPS, Digital Terrain Mapping,
Weather Satellites, Data Fusion, Compact Flourescent Lighting,
UAVS,
Multiplexed Fiber Optics, Self-Assembling Robots, and
Self-Replicating Machines, rather than in 1960 NASA Paint Shops.

From: Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr. on
On Nov 18, 6:04 am, haiku jones <575jo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 9:11 pm, John Jones <jonescard...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>

> > haiku jones wrote:

Since this is cross-posted to sci.math, I'll bite:

What is a "grammatical consequence"? I hope it is not related to the
English grammar, because much of quantum theory was originally
developed in German. Was, like in poetry, something lost in
translation? :-)