From: Ilya Zeldes on
Dennis,
thanks for your suggestion. I used Epson matrix printer for long time, but
then abandoned Epson and all of it products...

Ilya

From: Thomas Scheidegger on
> Yes, both are not supported :-((

for the scanner using an USB connection,
a (short-term) solution could be
to create a VirtualPC 7 VM with Windows XP
and install the XP driver for your scanner.
VirtualPC 7 allows to 'attach' an USB device to a VM.
Then you can access the scanner in the XP VM
with whatever APIs (WIA, Twain...) you used before.

This works for my Epson Perfection 1200USB
and Windows 7 x64.

--
Thomas Scheidegger - 'NETMaster'
http://dnetmaster.net/

From: Ilya Zeldes on
Yes, Don, look at the next message...

Ilya

From: Ilya Zeldes on
Well, Thomas, I tried it in the first place, but Microsoft would not allow
it on my Windows 7 Home Premium machine...

Ilya

From: Dominic Payer on
If you have a copy of XP you could run that in Virtualbox
http://www.virtualbox.org/. Your Visioneer would attach by USB but you
would need a USB to parallel converter for the Canon which might not work.

VMware Player http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ supports parallel
ports. You would also need EasyVMX http://www.easyvmx.com/ to create
your VMs.