From: Ilya Zeldes on
Since I moved to Win 7 x64, my two XP scanners do not work... May someone
suggest a not expensive and basic scanner compatible with Win 7 x64.
Thanks for your suggestions.
--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

From: Dennis Pack on
Ilya:
I use the Epson Cx series all-in-one scanner/printer without any driver
issues. Looking at the Epson driver listing the V series scanners have x64
drivers available. Have a great day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4664 (20091206) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Bobby Johnson on
Depending on your overall requirements you might consider VueScan from
Hamrick, http://www.hamrick.com/

Check to see if your scanner is supported. The software works well in
Win 7 x64 with my Epson Perfection 2580 for which Epson has never
published any 64-bit driver/software.

From: Mirko on
Canon also has scanners that work with Windows 7 x64. You would have to
check which ones are inexpensive.

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/html/windowsupport/win7page.html (look for the
products without the *)
http://www.usa.canon.com/opd/controller?act=OPDSupportWindows7Act

Mirko

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Ilya.

If you tell us the make and model of your two scanners, there's a good
chance someone will recognize them - and may have already "reinvented the
wheel for you." But if we don't know what you are using, all we can do is
shoot blindly in the dark - with very little chance that we will guess right
and do you any good.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA