From: Ilya Zeldes on
Thanks for your suggestion. I downloaded the VirtualBox and started
installation, but in the middle got cold feet and cancelled... I think it's
to complicated for me...

Ilya

P.S. I may try it again later...

From: Ilya Zeldes on
Dominic,

in case you're familiar with a VirtualBox, may you please give me some
advice? You see, when I attempted to install it, the wizard asked to many
questions and I have to make choices without any understanding of what is
what...

Ilya

From: Dominic Payer on
It is some time since I installed and used Virtualbox, but if you accept
the default options you will have a working virtual machine.

Just make sure the size of the virtual disk is large enough for
everything you will want to install. As with any PC, you can change the
configuration later if it does not meet your needs, apart from the
maximum size of the virtual hard disk.

From: Ilya Zeldes on
Thanks, I have to try. Otherwise, I'll be deprived from a number of my
essential genealogy and other programs...

IZ

From: Jim on
On Dec 12, 8:58 pm, "Ilya Zeldes" <ilya...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

I absolutely *love* my new CanoScan 5600F LED scanner. It is probably
the *fastest* scanner I have ever owned, and it has LED lights
inside. It 64-bit drivers are available for both Vista and Windows 7,
and I have used it under both. The only drawback to the scanner is
that it is only 8.5 X 11, and does not do legal-sized documents. It
only cost a bit more than $100.00.

Good luck! :-)

Jim