From: ABS Doug on
On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:39 PM, ABS Doug <absdoug(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>If you want to provide more
> info re: jiado & DL through Iceweasel, I'll try it!

Sorry, I got what you mean DL through Iceweasel... doing it now,
downloading Ubuntu.

Downloading Ubuntu through Iceweasel went fine... thing is it went SO
fast, I'm not sure it's really a good test.

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 2:42 PM, ABS Doug <absdoug(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:39 PM, ABS Doug <absdoug(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >If you want to provide more
> > info re: jiado & DL through Iceweasel, I'll try it!

It's "jigdo", and it's a great way to download big files for Debian. It's
the only thing I use to download Debian installer images these days, as it
even does the md5 checksum for you. More info here:
http://atterer.net/jigdo/

Ubuntu download might be too small to test, that's why I suggested a dvd
download. The logic is, if you can download large files on the same OS but
from a different software platform like jigdo or Iceweasel, you've isolated
the problem to be only with the torrent interface.
From: Andrew Reid on
On Sunday 20 June 2010 18:06:37 ABS Doug wrote:
> Downloading Ubuntu through Iceweasel went fine... thing is it went SO
> fast, I'm not sure it's really a good test.

FYI, this effectively rules out the MTU issues I suggested earlier,
so it was a useful test for that.

The multi-OS character would seem to rule out hardware, so at
this point the most likely candidate is network drivers.

A bit of googling following up on your lspci output
(showing an Atheros AR242x device) turned up this page:

<http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Lucid#Atheros_Cards>

The upshot there seems to be that the Right Thing is to
select the "proprietary drivers" option at Ubuntu-install-time,
and things should work.

If you didn't do that, you can follow the instructions on the page
there to get recent madwifi drivers.

If you already *did* select the proprietary drivers at
Ubuntu-install time, and they're not working, then I suppose
you could try the more recent madwifi drivers anyways...

-- A.
--
Andrew Reid / reidac(a)bellatlantic.net

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Mark <mamarcac(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu download might be too small to test, that's why I suggested a dvd
> download.  The logic is, if you can download large files on the same OS but
> from a different software platform like jigdo or Iceweasel, you've isolated
> the problem to be only with the torrent interface.

Yes, quite right, a DVD. Now which one?