From: Hugo Vanwoerkom on
Hi,

I just made the mistake of my life and upgraded mc from
2:4.6.2~git20080311-4 to 3:4.7.0.1-1.

And the new color scheme is enough to cause instant blindness :-(
No kidding!

How do I get back to what I had?
Anybody?

Hugo

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote the following on 05.04.2010 21:29

> Hi,
>
> I just made the mistake of my life and upgraded mc from
> 2:4.6.2~git20080311-4 to 3:4.7.0.1-1.
>
> And the new color scheme is enough to cause instant blindness :-(
> No kidding!
>
> How do I get back to what I had?
> Anybody?
>
> Hugo

I did not know the colortheme did change, at least it's not reported in the
changelogs.
But anyway you can change every color inside mc like:
$ man mc | less -p '\[Colors\]'

HTH

--
bye Thilo

4096R/0xC70B1A8F

On 2010-04-05 14:29, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just made the mistake of my life and upgraded mc from
> 2:4.6.2~git20080311-4 to 3:4.7.0.1-1.
>
> And the new color scheme is enough to cause instant blindness :-(
> No kidding!
>
> How do I get back to what I had?
> Anybody?

Real Geeks do not use file managers. bash (or zsh if you're an Uber
Real Geek) Is Sufficient.

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid." Dwight Eisenhower

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just made the mistake of my life and upgraded mc from
> 2:4.6.2~git20080311-4 to 3:4.7.0.1-1.
>
> And the new color scheme is enough to cause instant blindness :-(
> No kidding!
>
> How do I get back to what I had?
> Anybody?
>
> Hugo

Hi,
I don't have mc, but doesn't he have ~/.mc or /etc/mc ?
And I guess if you download old version source that you can cp colour
schema.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:36 PM, godo <goran(a)dobosevic.com> wrote:
> Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just made the mistake of my life and upgraded mc from
>> 2:4.6.2~git20080311-4 to 3:4.7.0.1-1.
>>
>> And the new color scheme is enough to cause instant blindness :-(
>> No kidding!
>>
>> How do I get back to what I had?
>> Anybody?
>>
>> Hugo
>>

> Hi,
> I don't have mc, but doesn't he have ~/.mc or /etc/mc ?
> And I guess if you download old version source that you can cp colour
> schema.
>
> --
> Bye,
> Goran Dobosevic

I just had a quick look at the mc manpage and it appear to go into
detail on how to configure colors as mentioned by godo. It looks like
you can also force it into black and white mode using -b or --nocolor.

--
Jordan Metzmeier