From: Adam Hardy on
Karl Vogel on 17/05/10 02:44, wrote:
> http://www.hcst.net/~vogelke/src/ishostup/
>
> These scripts are good for exactly one thing: sending me (or someone) a
> message if a given piece of hardware at a given IP address stops responding
> for more than a minute or so. They rely on fping and regular email.

Thanks Karl, that's a great starting point for what I want.

Adam Hardy wrote:
> Sure. I mean on the box at home that I'm monitoring from the online
> server. Aaaah, just realised I don't have a fixed IP ?$*!(*)"*"!!!

Alternatively, you can call a heartbeat script on the server from the box at
home. A simple cgi would do.

-thib

On Fri, May 14 at 14:26, Adam Hardy penned:
> Actually the more I think about it, the more I realise that I would
> rather have some kind of full blooded monitoring app which lets me
> see stats (or even charts like ntop) of internet speed over the
> week, although I bet that is just dreaming.

Have you looked at smokeping?

--
monique

Monique Y. Mudama on 17/05/10 23:06, wrote:

> On Fri, May 14 at 14:26, Adam Hardy penned:
>> Actually the more I think about it, the more I realise that I would
>> rather have some kind of full blooded monitoring app which lets me
>> see stats (or even charts like ntop) of internet speed over the
>> week, although I bet that is just dreaming.
>
> Have you looked at smokeping?

I have now! The docs are bit hard to follow, but it seems to do some interesting
& relevant stuff. I think the config has been changed for the debian package
because at the moment I can't see how the install corresponds to the smokeping docs.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: gtk-recordMyDesktop
Next: executable won't execute