First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108
PART DIAGNOSED: Re: Trying to install Google Earth on Lenny. How on earth??????
It is, at least in part, due to a problem on my box. I had been installing Fedora on another box and when it finished I tried Google maps - and bingo! So it is neither me nor my router, but my box. I clearly have to solve this, but not tonight. Oh - and your URL opened perfectly on my box, Stephen.... 24 May 2010 21:16
Jumpy video after KDE 4.4 upgrade in Squeeze
I upgraded my Squeeze box to KDE 4.4 about a week ago, and have been contending with jumpy, hesitant video performance ever since. I'm not sure which package to file this bug against; if it helps I'm running an Nvidia 7900GS using the drivers in the nvidia-glx package. It ran fine with KDE 4.3. Thanks! Gene ... 25 May 2010 17:58
wireless button works for bluetooth, not for wlan
Hi, One of the recent updates appears to have altered the behaviour of the hard ware wireless switch on my HP Elitebook 6930p. It never used to work at all. Now, it works for bluetooth, but not for regular wireless. With the wireless turned on, I get this: /home/tyler# rfkill list 4: phy1: Wireless LAN So... 24 May 2010 17:55
Re (2): lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")
> (3) The need for special backup requirements will be used by the opponents of Linux at my place of employment to oppose further deployments of Linux, ... What about the carrot approach? Find an even better backup method, compatible with Grub 2 and appealing to your management for its efficiency. Or... 24 May 2010 17:55
PART DIAGNOSED: Re: Trying to install Google Earth on Lenny. How on earth??????
On Monday 24 May 2010 17:59:46 Lisi wrote: On Monday 24 May 2010 17:31:50 Stephen Powell wrote: On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:03:41 -0400 (EDT), Lisi wrote: How I fared: I could only persuade Yahoo maps to offer to get me from A to B, not show me pictures of A. Mapquest zoomed... 24 May 2010 17:55
Tengo problemas con instalar debian
Estimados Amigos: agradesco mucho el esfuerzo que hacen todos los dias para hacer de debian cada dia mejor. Quisiera saber si me pueden ayudar con un problema, estoy tratando de instalar debian en un board intel DP55WB con un procesador Core i3, lamentablemente en la instalacion me aparece que no reconoce ningun ... 24 May 2010 14:34
Tengo problemas con instalar debian
Estimados Amigos: agradesco mucho el esfuerzo que hacen todos los dias para hacer de debian cada dia mejor. Quisiera saber si me pueden ayudar con un problema, estoy tratando de instalar debian en un board intel DP55WB con un procesador Core i3, lamentablemente en la instalacion me aparece que no reconoce ningun ... 24 May 2010 15:42
"Give root password for maintence" during every boot of system: Solved!
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Mitchell Laks <mlaks(a)post.harvard.edu> wrote: Thank you all for your gracious help. You were right. The default entry in grub (modified in /etc/default/grub and then running upgrade-grub) had shifted down one entry to the single user mode entry. restoring the corre... 24 May 2010 11:13
"Give root password for maintence" during every boot of system: Solved!
Thank you all for your gracious help. You were right. The default entry in grub (modified in /etc/default/grub and then running upgrade-grub) had shifted down one entry to the single user mode entry. restoring the correct default entry in /etc/default/grub and running upgrade-grub solved my problem. Thank ... 24 May 2010 11:13
Trying to install Google Earth on Lenny. How on earth??????
I have been trying to install Google Earth on Lenny in order to be able to show a *********** insurance inspector what the junction, where my husband and a cyclist had a slight contretemps a few weeks ago, looked like. I am not getting very far. Googling brings up more stories of failure and frustration than... 25 May 2010 05:51