First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112
ftp en Debian Lenny
ftp en Debian Lenny Hola tengo un ftp público en Debian Lenny con PROFTPD como puedo hacer para que todos los archivos que los usuarios ponen en el mismo asuman los permisos del mismo o sea que pueden ejecutar, ver, escribir, etc. todo. Me refiero a carpetas, archivos de todo tipo. Las estaciones de trabajo to... 21 May 2010 13:54
GRUB Hard Disk Error
I've got two pendrives. I want to install a Debian on them. RAID1. Ok... .... After I installed it in RAID1, it works perfectly, ok! :) When I pull out one of the pendrive [good pendrive], it still boots up, hurrah :) But: ... When I pull out the other pendrive [i plug in the first one i tried] it... 22 May 2010 04:05
Chromium in Sid
Good morning folks. Why is the Chromium-browser in Sid so old? Chromium has been on the 6.x branch for a couple of weeks now and Debian is still using the 5.x branch. In my opinion we should keep up with the new releases at least weekly. Is this on the agenda to do? Cheers, Steve Toronto -- To UN... 27 May 2010 14:50
Brightness OSD in Squeeze
Hi, I am running up-to-date squeeze on a Dell Latitude D420. I have a trivial problem, but such things bother me :-) The hotkeys for volume and brightness adjustment work out of the box in a GNOME session. However, when I adjust the volume using the hotkeys, I see a nice translucent on-screen display of the vo... 21 May 2010 08:24
nepomuk indexer in systray
Hello to all! I just upgraded my debian testing, installing nepomuk search. My problem is that the indexer every now and then appears in the systray for a second or so, and then disappears, which is very distracting (or am I very sensitive? :-) )... Anyone knows how to stop the icon from getting on my nerves? ... 23 May 2010 05:59
pygrub is failing to boot centos domu on Debian lenny dom0
I am trying to run a CentOS DomU on Debian Dom0 . I created a VM using QEMU and it boots fine.(Except network connectivity) Now for Debian Dom0 I created the new_centOS.cfg added following bootloader = "/usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/bin/pygryb"  (there was no softlink from /usr/lib/xen-3.2-1/bin/pygryb to /usr/bin) boo... 29 May 2010 00:40
Pre-installation thoughts
Hi, So, I want to completely reinstall the OS:es on my main computer and I would like you to review and comment on the idea outlined below. (I've used Ubuntu before but I find that it moves too quickly and is not as stable as I remember debian from before, plus I like the debian philosophy more) I have a pr... 21 May 2010 07:18
Non Working Keyboard
I have an older computer which use to have Windows XP on it. It currently has Vinux 3.0 on it. I downloaded the Debian I386 installation version of 5.0.4 ISO and burned it to CD. When I try to install it, I get an opening screen with an installation menu which then freezes. I have no apparent keyboard input, and o... 22 May 2010 08:21
How do I fsck and XFS file system in "Squeeze"
OK, I'm stumped. I was having some problems which were likely related to the old kernel in Debian "Lenny", so I upgraded to "Squeeze" in order to alleviate the issue, which it apparently has. Now, however, I need to fsck the main array on the box, which is formatted as XFS. The xfs-repair utility is no... 31 May 2010 05:26
Is it possible to login as root with GDM3?
I've just replaced gdm with gdm3 and find that it doesn't seem to be possible to login as root any more. Does anyone know if this can be enabled? The old login screen settings included lots of options including 'allow administrator login'. The new version has very few options. -- Tixy () The A... 20 May 2010 14:59