First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
Grub2 RAID1 LVM2 boot failure
I think my previous post requires some more info: I've got three HDs, two of them (twin disks) have two partitions, one /boot partition (md0) and the other one for LVM filesystems (md1), where root_vg-root_lv lives (among others). The third disk is unpatitioned, and has one only lv (var_lv) So, provided this a... 2 Jun 2010 09:49
Installing memtest86 in Lenny fails to copy the actual binary
Howdy, fellow Debianites! I tried to install memtest86 on my Lenny box (using Synaptic). Everything appeared to go smoothly, even a new "memtest" entry wass added to my grub.cfg - but the actual memtest86.bin file was never copied to disk! Interestingly enough, the same happened when I tried to install m... 29 May 2010 22:17
[ squeeze ] Grub2 RAID1 LVM2 boot failure
Hello, Grub2 is failing to boot a softRAID1 + LVM2 squeeze box. The error is "can't find root_vg-root_lv". After that, it drops me to a initrd shell, but my USB keyboard stops working, so I must button-reboot. There are two kernels installed. I've attached grub.cfg. It's an automated cfg from update-grub2. I ... 29 May 2010 11:22
Filezilla: always trust a domain's certificate
Hi, How can I tweak some setting so that Filezilla will never ask me again if I want to trust a given domain's certificate? I often connect to some machines of montefiore.ulg.ac.be through SFTP, but the fact is that I connect to different machines (sometimes, some are dead), and that, for each machine, I am aske... 29 May 2010 11:22
Page remove please
Hi! The following 2 posts (pages) contain my name. Can you please remove them or make them unsearchable? I was involved in this over 12 years ago when I didn't know better. I am now a business woman and it's embarrassing. http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/1998/08/msg00568.html http://www.mail-archive.com/debia... 2 Jun 2010 17:36
Odd name resolution
On my host I'm not sure why I'm able to ping "hostname.local" and get a reply from my local IP. For example, the hosts name in question is sager.mydomain.tld. nslookup sager.mydomain.tld works as I'd expect. nslookup sager.local returns NXDOMAIN. I have my own DNS server and I don't have a .local zone define... 30 May 2010 10:01
IPv4-capable XDMCP server in Debian squeeze?
Hi there! Isn't there any XDMCP-capable server available in squeeze that can speak ipv4 any more? I read about the "net.ipv6.bindv6only" issue (in a bug report). However, that setting is most assuredly set to 0 when I check with sysctl -a. I also forcibly disabled IPv6 support altogether (since I don't need ... 29 May 2010 17:56
is firewire broken in Debain?
I used to grab video from my DCR TVR25 MiniDV camcorder without any problems in the past on Debian Testing using Kino or dvgrab. Since some kernel version and up, this has not been possible anymore. I am now using Debian Testing, KDE and kernel 2.6.32-trunk-686. I see that firewire is now handled differently in... 29 May 2010 14:38
file transfer from removable flash memory: time stamps and case
Hello. When I copy files from a flash memory (inserted in a USB card reader) to my Testing desktop, I notice that the filenames are upper case and the time stamp of the transferred files is the time they were transferred and not when they were originally created. How do I avoid these and get lower case filenam... 28 May 2010 14:51
Sound in iceweasel?
I can play the same .flv in mplayer and the sound works BUT if I paly it in iceweasel there is no sound (video does work). Any pointers? -ishwar -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster(a)lists.debian.org Archive: htt... 28 May 2010 13:45