First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118
Installing wireless driver offline
Hi everyone, I think I've just commited a mistake here. My wireless driver in my laptop is iwl3945, which is not available by default in a fresh lenny install.. But without it I can't connect to the net to install it.. Anyone know any workarounds?? Can I download the package from another computer and transfer it to ... 15 May 2010 08:16
More important question... (was Re: How to keep debian current??)
Since your Internet connection is spotty and you want to stay relatively up-to-date and you're new, why not stay with Ubuntu (or Sidux, for that matter)? I used Mandrake for a year or so, then Libranet (spiritual predecessor to Ubuntu) before making the Debian plunge. It greatly helped to get me acclimated ... 15 May 2010 04:01
How to keep debian current??
Hi, With the latest apps keep pouring in, is there any way to keep debian in the "cutting edge"? I mean, how to keep debian as updated as, say, ubuntu or even sidux?? You know, latest iceweasel, openoffice, gnome, etc. Maybe using unstable or experimental repo? I'm sure there's many ways to do this, but I just don't... 24 May 2010 22:21
Updraiding or reinstalling?
> Is it better to upgrade debian using dist-upgrade or just download the new iso and reinstalling it?? I'm waiting for the squeeze final release.. Currently still using lenny. I found it the best was to know previously what was the purpose of the node and what would you want it to do in the future. That way you ma... 15 May 2010 00:49
Updrading or reinstalling?
Hi there, Just one question, Is it better to upgrade debian using dist-upgrade or just download the new iso and reinstalling it?? I'm waiting for the squeeze final release.. Currently still using lenny. Thanks RJB Sent from my BlackBerry® powered by Sinyal Kuat INDOSAT... 15 May 2010 11:31
Fwd: interesting installation problem - ordering of package initialization routines
Hi, I've just come across an interesting problem that highlights an interesting not-quite-but. The short form (the longer form follow below): - just installed xen (for virtualization) and DRBD (for disk replication in support of high availability) -- xen virtual machines run "on top of" DRBD-backed block... 14 May 2010 21:35
Samba PDC, LDAP con Cluster
Samba PDC, LDAP con Cluster Tengo instalado un controlador de dominio con Samba PDC OpenLDAP PAM/NSS, he buscado alguna configuracion para agregar un BDC pero nada. Me han dicho que una mejor opcion ser�a agregar un cluster ya que tiene m�s ventajas adem�s de equilibrar las cargas. Alguna idea, algun man... 14 May 2010 20:30
Huh?? (was Re: Flash is open?)
On 05/14/2010 02:22 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: [snip] But in either case, for users who care about their Freedom, both Flash and Javascript are real threats, because even if you use a Free Software implementation of the language, the code run in each web-page will usually be 100% proprietary. By yo... 17 May 2010 21:19
Deleting some regexp/simple expression from lots of files in a secure way
On Fri,14.May.10, 19:04:42, Merciadri Luca wrote: Hi, I have many text files (actually .tex files) which contain some sequence or regexp (it depends on the files) that I would like to remove. Is there a commandline/GUI for doing this massive edit? You need 'find'. If that sequence or regexp is in the... 14 May 2010 13:54
FileZilla won't keep preferences in memory through sessions