From: Kue2 on
U maybe need a third party disk management program
such as Acronis.
www.Acronis.com
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/
to do what u want to do, as far as partitioning the hard-drive.
To add XP after Windows 7 is installed is considered a high level
task at the least. I would not recommend unless you are very tech savvy.
You will need to have a licensed copy of XP(install disk) & also a licensed
copy of Windows 7 (install disk). If you are going to have a duel boot have
XP-32 bit, keep in mine you will loose your restore points whenever you duel
boot.

From: Carlos on
Alsenor,
You mentioned "godmode" for managing new partitions.
Didn't you try the normal way, i.e., Disk Management?
Run it with Windows Key + R, diskmgmt.msc, then press ENTER.
Check if you can shrink your partition from there.
Carlos

From: Tom on
I would recommend BootIt Next Generation over Acronis, it is much cheaper,
easier to use and it is almost fool-proof to use.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootit-next-generation.htm

From: Alsenor on
Godmode actually opens diskmgmt.msc.
I thought that it would be the most reliable method, and it seems to work
much faster than my Acronis app.

From: Alsenor on
Assuming you are talking about "Acronis Disk Director 2010" - it just told
me that it is incompatible with W7 home premium.