From: Steve Fishpaste on
Good morning folks.

Why is the Chromium-browser in Sid so old? Chromium has been on the
6.x branch for a couple of weeks now and Debian is still using the 5.x
branch.

In my opinion we should keep up with the new releases at least weekly.
Is this on the agenda to do?

Cheers,

Steve
Toronto

on Fri, May 21, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Steve Fishpaste
<marathon.durandal(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is the Chromium-browser in Sid so old? Chromium has been on the
> 6.x branch for a couple of weeks now and Debian is still using the 5.x
> branch.

question, on lenny is there a different repository for chromium? just
did a apt search to find chromium.

only package is some arcade game.

On Fri,21.May.10, 11:23:15, Steve Fishpaste wrote:
> Good morning folks.
>
> Why is the Chromium-browser in Sid so old? Chromium has been on the
> 6.x branch for a couple of weeks now and Debian is still using the 5.x
> branch.
>
> In my opinion we should keep up with the new releases at least weekly.
> Is this on the agenda to do?

I'm sure the maintainer will be glad to accept you help ;)

Regards,
Andrei
On 05/21/2010 11:23 AM, Steve Fishpaste wrote:
> Good morning folks.
>
> Why is the Chromium-browser in Sid so old? Chromium has been on the
> 6.x branch for a couple of weeks now and Debian is still using the 5.x
> branch.
>
> In my opinion we should keep up with the new releases at least weekly.
> Is this on the agenda to do?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve
> Toronto

This just made it into sid _very_ recently. I was not aware that
software released a couple weeks ago was "really old". I run IW 3.0.6 in
Lenny. It is much more than a couple weeks old but does just fine and
providing needed functionality.

There is a Ubutnu PPA that does weekly builds of chromium. I have not
tried it personally but am told that those .debs work fine on sid. You
might give that a try if you really would like to stay on the bleeding-edge.

--
Jordan Metzmeier

On Friday 21 May 2010 10:23:15 Steve Fishpaste wrote:
> In my opinion we should keep up with the new releases at least weekly.
> Is this on the agenda to do?

You volunteering? Contact the maintainer(s).

If not, you'll just have to wait for the other volunteers to get around to it.

IIRC, the policy is actually to open a wishlist bug about 2 weeks after the
upstream release.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss(a)iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))