First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
Dual channel memory question
Hi, The Wiki on dual channel memory says: "The memory modules are installed into matching banks, which are usually color coded on the motherboard. These separate channels allow each memory module access to the memory controller, increasing throughput bandwidth." Does that mean that placing 2 1GB modules,... 17 Apr 2010 17:25
Cannot Connect to Debian BTS
Neither "normal" reportbug or the reportbug-ng can connect to debian bts right now. Is there something wrong there? Some recent Sid upgrade zapped access? Cannot really keep system up-to-date without access to debian bts. -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject ... 23 Apr 2010 21:04
software sorting
hello, i was wondering if it possible to get a list of the software used by myself, sorting them by frequence of usage; this could be helpful to know which software are uselessly in my laptop and i can uninstall them thank you -- roberto -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.o... 15 Apr 2010 11:23
Icedove always loads Epiphany when URL is clicked
Hi, I am using Icedove for some e-mails. If I click on a link in a message, _most often_ Epiphany loads the page. Sometimes, Iceweasel loads the page at the place of Epiphany. My default browser is set as `Iceweasel' and Icedove should consequently always load Iceweasel, shouldn't it? Why does it happen this w... 15 Apr 2010 14:44
Nouveau ! Reprise de votre ancien véhicule
Si vous n´arrivez pas à lire correctement ce mail,cliquez ici Vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de modification, de rectification et de suppression des données qui vous concernent. Conformément à la loi "informatique et libertés" du 6 janvier 1978, vous disposez d´un ... 15 Apr 2010 06:56
acroread not seeing printers
Hello, all. We've installed acroread 8.1.7-0.1 from debian-multimedia. It is not seeing any of the printers on our cups print server. It just shows the custom lpr printer. How do we get it to see our printers like all the other applications in our KDE setup do? We are running Lenny + backports. Thanks - John ... 3 May 2010 19:49
acroread not seeing printers
John A. Sullivan III wrote: Hello, all. We've installed acroread 8.1.7-0.1 from debian-multimedia. It is not seeing any of the printers on our cups print server. It just shows the custom lpr printer. How do we get it to see our printers like all the other applications in our KDE setup do? We are running ... 15 Apr 2010 06:56
Temporary deconnection from the Internet when too much pages are loaded
If it happens even after the pages have all finished loading, then you have a problem (probably with your browser). If not, well.. you either have to give your connection a rest (streaming video is heavy stuff) or ask network gurus to narrow down the problem. Is it happening only with your browser? What abo... 16 Apr 2010 11:41
Alternative to dhcp?
I edited /etc/resolv.conf to add a nameserver, edited /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf to do the same and added the dns to wicd. However, I keep getting the same old dns from the router, i.e., resolv.conf keeps changing to the router's 192 ip. The router does not allow editing dns. I think this is due to using dhcp.... 15 Apr 2010 13:37
IEGD under Debian testing
Has someone managed to get the IEGD driver working under Debian testing? If so, which kernel version and Xorg server? Stefan -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster(a)lists.debian.org Archive: http://lists.debian... 15 Apr 2010 03:44