First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158
Gnus (Was: ditching mutt)
On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 06:56:53PM -0500, John Hasler wrote: Tyler writes: Should I move over to gmail, or is there some amazing scriptable GUI mail client that is going to knock my socks off with an array of pipes and regexps and color-highlighting and maybe even procmail-parsing and custom keyb... 9 Apr 2010 03:26
Error: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer
Hi, I get this while trying to scp onto a local machine(on the same subnet, both machines running Lenny). Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer lost connection I am able to ping the machine fine. How can this be fixed? Thanks Vikram ... 12 Apr 2010 11:24
Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:37:34 -0400 (EDT), Dotan Cohen wrote: Stephen Powell wrote: What I don't understand is why Ubuntu users *post* here, when they actually run Ubuntu. I run Ubuntu and regularly read the Debian list, so maybe I can answer. If I need to know where is the menus Firefox is, or h... 11 Apr 2010 12:20
How do I transfer file through multiple jumps ssh connections
Hi there, I have to ssh to a server A and then ssh to server B where I do my job. Therefore scp cannot work well when I want transfer files between remote and host machine. I used secureCRT in Windows, and its feature allow me to type "rz" in the remote machine and select the file I would like to transfer ... 9 Apr 2010 07:47
Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)
> What I don't understand is why Ubuntu users *post* here, when they actually run Ubuntu. I run Ubuntu and regularly read the Debian list, so maybe I can answer. If I need to know where is the menus Firefox is, or how to change my wallpaper, the Ubuntu list is fine. But nobody there understands _anything_ ab... 11 Apr 2010 19:01
About USB hard drives and errors
I want to use the low cost high capacity hard drives that are for sale in places like Best Buy and Costco. I have put ext3 on several of them and started experimenting. The results so far are puzzling. I do get errors. So I decided to do scans for bad blocks. The drives I'm using are all Western Digital becaus... 12 Apr 2010 22:33
ditching mutt
After over 10 years of faithful service (essentially when I ditched pine), I am considering having my mutt put down. Should I move over to gmail, or is there some amazing scriptable GUI mail client that is going to knock my socks off with an array of pipes and regexps and color-highlighting and maybe even procmail-... 13 Apr 2010 18:28
Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)
Stephen Powell wrote: On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:13:22 -0400 (EDT), Bob McGowan wrote: I run Ubuntu on my laptop, because I got tired of the manual Nvidia setup every time the kernel changed. I have been a regular on this forum for several months now, and I know from experience that the topic of the pro... 8 Apr 2010 17:26
Correct way to (re)compile a kernel on Debian Sid
(I'm posting again because, for some reason, my emails are not getting to the mail list. Sorry about that.) Hi all, I've seen a lot of traffic lately about how to compile a fresh kernel, from debian ou vanilla, in this list. After the changes in make-kpkg and kernel-package, I'm now completely lost. Before the... 8 Apr 2010 17:26
Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)
On 04/08/2010 07:17 AM, Stephen Powell wrote: On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 09:57:17 -0400 (EDT), briand(a)aracnet.com wrote: On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:09:09 -0400 (EDT), Stephen Powell wrote: BTW, does anyone know why Ubuntu users seem to want to use the Debian> forums? Don't they have forums of their own? ... 12 Apr 2010 11:24