From: John Higdon on
In article <290520102040444092%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> he doesn't. all he does is post silly quotes when challenged.

His silly comments about ProTools leads me to wonder what other nonsense
he spouts. He is definitely what we in the technical trade refer to as a
"front panel" expert.

--
John Higdon
+1 408 ANdrews 6-4400
From: nospam on
In article <higgy-BBD0A5.20481929052010(a)news.announcetech.com>, John
Higdon <higgy(a)kome.com> wrote:

> > he doesn't. all he does is post silly quotes when challenged.
>
> His silly comments about ProTools leads me to wonder what other nonsense
> he spouts. He is definitely what we in the technical trade refer to as a
> "front panel" expert.

very much so.
From: SMS on
On 29/05/10 7:58 PM, John Higdon wrote:
> In article<4c01b986$0$1655$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>,
> SMS<scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:
>
>> That's the app that keeps a lot of people buying Macs. Quite a deal
>> compared to Avid, especially when you have no need for the level of
>> functionality that Avid provides.
>
> More and more studios are switching (or adopting from scratch) Final Cut
> Pro. A friend of mine who owns a video production house (that does
> commercials you've probably seen) used to dismiss Final Cut as a toy.
> That is no longer the case.

My nephew produces a lot of major commercials and he's a big Final Cut
Pro user for them. He uses Avid for some movies where Final Cut Pro
doesn't have necessary functionality, but even for most movies it's
sufficient. They used to take the P2 cards from the Panasonic studio
cameras and stick them directly into the Mac Books and start editing
on-site, until Apple dropped the CardBus slot from the Macs. Finally, in
June, Panasonic will have a USB reader for P2 cards (AJ-PCD2), but for
some reason such a device was very difficult to produce, and it's
ridiculously expensive.
From: John Higdon on
In article <4c01f3d1$0$1613$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>,
SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

> They used to take the P2 cards from the Panasonic studio
> cameras and stick them directly into the Mac Books and start editing
> on-site, until Apple dropped the CardBus slot from the Macs.

Some studios do pretty much the same thing only with hard drives pulled
from a Red camera. The drive is copied into the server (that has
something like 42 TB on line), and then go to work on the FCP
workstations. Pretty impressive to see it all go.

--
John Higdon
+1 408 ANdrews 6-4400
From: DanS on
John Higdon <higgy(a)kome.com> wrote in

> In article <290520102040444092%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
> nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> he doesn't. all he does is post silly quotes when
>> challenged.
>
> His silly comments about ProTools leads me to wonder what
> other nonsense he spouts. He is definitely what we in the
> technical trade refer to as a "front panel" expert.

This explains it all......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

-Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates
achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior
without commensurate achievements)

-Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power,
brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

-Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of
especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his
or her expectations

-Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the
feelings and needs of others

-Requires excessive admiration

-Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.