From: Stephen Powell on
On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 11:12:06 -0400 (EDT), thib wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> I am still hopeful that lilo will not be dropped from the distribution.
>> I think it would be a mistake, and I believe lilo has many more years
>> of useful life than most people think it does (or should have) at this point.
>> But if they drop it, I'm prepared. I have already downloaded the source
>> code, and I will build my own packages if I have to. For now at least,
>> I *have* to use lilo for reasons previously discussed.
>
> Nice report, btw.

Report? What report?

--
.''`. Stephen Powell
: :' :

Stephen Powell wrote:
> Report? What report?

That was actually meant to be a quick off-list note about your post in
505609 which I thought deserved at least two nice words. ;-)

-t

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 20:50:46 -0400 (EDT), thib wrote:
> Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Report? What report?
>
> That was actually meant to be a quick off-list note about your post in
> 505609 which I thought deserved at least two nice words. ;-)

Oh, thanks. And sorry. I figured you must have accidentally replied
off list, but I didn't know to what you were referring. It does feel
good to solve a mystery, but it may be too little too late unless
someone steps forward and volunteers to become the upstream maintainer.
I'm *willing* to become the upstream maintainer, but I'm
just not qualified. I have to face facts. And by the time I am
qualified, it will probably be too late.

I sure wish I knew what happened to John Coffman.

--
.''`. Stephen Powell
: :' :