From: Brad Rogers on
On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:20:49 -0300
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo(a)kalinowski.com.br> wrote:

Hello Eduardo,

> I see nothing about serial there. Just a plain smart card reader that
> connects directly via USB.

True, but Dotan's neighbour has an RS232 to USB adaptor that the reader
is connected to.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

I don't believe you have to be an idiot to get somewhere these days
Bombsite Boy - The Adverts
From: Ron Johnson on
On 2010-04-18 14:40, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 16:20:49 -0300
> Eduardo M KALINOWSKI <eduardo(a)kalinowski.com.br> wrote:
>
> Hello Eduardo,
>
>> I see nothing about serial there. Just a plain smart card reader that
>> connects directly via USB.
>
> True, but Dotan's neighbour has an RS232 to USB adaptor that the reader
> is connected to.

Plz show us a link to a USB adapter that plugs into a PC's serial port.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:15:53 -0500
Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson(a)cox.net> wrote:

Hello Ron,

> Plz show us a link to a USB adapter that plugs into a PC's serial port.

I've never even looked for one. I'm just going what by Dotan wrote. By
the sounds of it, he's not seen the set up yet, anyhow. It could well
be that his neighbour has got a USB-RS232 adapter plugged in the wrong
way round. Of course, at this point, I'm just guessing.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"

A friend of a friend he got beaten
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
From: Brad Rogers on
On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:36:13 -0500
Mark Allums <mark(a)allums.com> wrote:

Hello Mark,

> Well, I meant a computer on both sides, but it matters not a whit. I

Ah, I see.

> should probably not post (even to make a joke) if I can't actually be
> helpful, it wastes everyone's time.

Jokes are fine. Just make sure we know that's what they are. :-)

See? :-))

> Sorry.

NP.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is
/ _)rad never immediately apparent"

You're a sidewalk cipher speaking prionic jive
Give You Nothing - Bad Religion
From: Dotan Cohen on
> What is unusual is that the page explicitly talks about Linux support and
> seems to have instructions on using it under Linux.

The Linux support consists of connecting the device to a Windows
computer, installing some module on the device, then using it in
"module mode". Over the telephone it is unclear to me if he
successfully did what he needs, especially as he does not have a
Windows computer handy!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.