From: Orator on
Lloyd Parker wrote:

> In article <1156502181.488014.298530(a)p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>>The CO2 density is highest at the lowest levels of the atmosphere, and
>>>therefore the Infrared Radiation absorption occurs mostly at lowest
>>>altitudes closest to the Earth emitter of IR radiation.>
>>
>>Bullshit. Cannot be confirmed scientifically. CO2 causing all this IR
>>absorption. And even if it did, you obviously cannot do the most basic
>>arithmatic on heat capacity and thermodynamics or you would see that it
>>is IMPOSSIBLE FOR CO2 warm the ocean.
>

> It warms the atmosphere which in turn warms the ocean.

Are you stupid?

You are effectively stating several things. Let me list them:

1- CO2 does not re-radiate any heat (IR)
2- Oceans do not absorb any CO2.
3- If (1) is wrong, no CO2 exists near any oceans, proving (2) true.
4- If both (1) and (3) are wrong, then CO2 only radiates heat up into
the atmosphere.

>>Get back with your liitle
>>boyfriends and make up some better lies on how CO2 traps all this heat
>>which can't be DETECTED.
>

> Are you stupid?
>

>>It ain't gonna fly you saying that we just
>>have to believe little dishonest runt school boys like you. Do you
>>believe your own lies. Like the one you tell that you're and educated
>>person.
>>

> Believe the science, fool.

Please learn some.
From: kdthrge on

> You are effectively stating several things. Let me list them:
>
> 1- CO2 does not re-radiate any heat (IR)

.....A molecule of CO2 absorbs and radiates radiation energy
continually. It's rate of doing this is in no way affected by it's
peculiar dark spectroscopic bands. It's heat capacity at low pressure
and in an environment in which it is allowed to expand with temperature
increase (as apposed to increasing it's pressure with temperature
increase as in a container) is exactly the same as other normal gases,
and it obeys the perfect gas law.
Since heat is a quantity, any particular capabilities or properties of
CO2 in regards to heat retention would be possible to be quantified in
the laboratory.The fascination with the dark spectroscopic bands is not
a science that has any demonstrated validity....

> 2- Oceans do not absorb any CO2.

....CO2 is not a problem in Earth's environment. There are certainly
other serious issues in regards to pollution that should be
addressed....

> 3- If (1) is wrong, no CO2 exists near any oceans, proving (2) true.
> 4- If both (1) and (3) are wrong, then CO2 only radiates heat up into
> the atmosphere.

...CO2 especially at the very low concentrations at which it exist in
the atmosphere does not in anyway affect the thermodynamic conditions
of the environment It behaves exactly the same as the other
atmospheric gases in accord with the 'kinetic theory of gases'. There
is no scientific data that demonstrates otherwise...

Kent Deatherage

From: Lloyd Parker on
In article <4GQHg.18114$rP1.211(a)news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Orator <Orator(a)troll.bridge.net> wrote:
>Lloyd Parker wrote:

>>>Bullshit. Cannot be confirmed scientifically. CO2 causing all this IR
>>>absorption. And even if it did, you obviously cannot do the most basic
>>>arithmatic on heat capacity and thermodynamics or you would see that it
>>>is IMPOSSIBLE FOR CO2 warm the ocean.
>>

>> It warms the atmosphere which in turn warms the ocean.
>>
>Are you stupid?
>
>You are effectively stating several things. Let me list them:
>
>1- CO2 does not re-radiate any heat (IR)

Wow, in one sentence I said all these?

First, you're lying. I never said that.

>2- Oceans do not absorb any CO2.

Irrelevant. They're not absorbing all the added CO2.

>3- If (1) is wrong, no CO2 exists near any oceans, proving (2) true.
>4- If both (1) and (3) are wrong, then CO2 only radiates heat up into
>the atmosphere.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that CO2 is up 36% in the atmosphere,
that the only source is human activities, and that this warms the atmosphere?

From: kdthrge on

..

> Why is it so hard for you to understand that CO2 is up 36% in the atmosphere,
> that the only source is human activities, and that this warms the atmosphere?

You're really truing to make me laugh. 36% of .0005 is how much? If you
guys had any math at all, you'd be dangerous. How much of a calorie
change can you get from .00003 in 150 years. How much greater is the
heat capacity of the total mass of the ocean? You don;t know.
Thats cracking me up. Of course radio waves travel through the air. But
not thermal frequencies. The cut off point is 1 micron on the short
end. Scientific fact is fact, no matter how poor YOUR math is.
Science, science, science. You got any more scientific quotes.
"and that this warms the atmosphere"?
Here's the quote of the day. Theres no proof of this. we're just
supposed to believe it like an idiot like you does. Just because you're
in the habit of saying it, you can't stop. Did it bolster your stock
prices to say it again. Why don;t you write this down, get it notarized
and mail it off to someone who cares?
Kent Detherage
Income tax evasion is a federal crime.

From: Thomas Palm on
kdthrge(a)yahoo.com wrote in

>> Why is it so hard for you to understand that CO2 is up 36% in the
>> atmosphere, that the only source is human activities, and that this
>> warms the atmosphere?
>>
> You're really truing to make me laugh. 36% of .0005 is how much?

Enough. The idea that you can just look at a small number and believe it
to be insignificant without any context is what is laughable. Try eating
batrachotoxin comparable to 0.0005 of your body weight and see how well
you feel. (actually that is overkill by many orders of magnitude, but
you'll get the point if not for long).

> If
> you guys had any math at all, you'd be dangerous. How much of a
> calorie change can you get from .00003 in 150 years.

You do the math. It turns out to be surprisingly much. 1 W/m^2 in
radiation imbalance integrated over 150 years is a lot of energy.

> How much greater
> is the heat capacity of the total mass of the ocean?

The large heat capacity of the ocean only slows the process up. As long
as you put more energy in than you remove it will heat up.

> You don;t know.
> Thats cracking me up. Of course radio waves travel through the air.
> But not thermal frequencies. The cut off point is 1 micron on the
> short end.

http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/cosmic_classroom/cosmic_reference/irwi
ndows.html
There are windows in IR where radiation can leak out, which you can
realize yourself if you think about why clear nights tend to be colder
than cloudy ones.

> Scientific fact is fact, no matter how poor YOUR math is.

Based on this post I don't see that you'd recognize a scientific fact if
you stumbled on it.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Prev: jar question
Next: The most powerful woman in the world...