From: Steven Fisher on
In article <fmoore-ABA736.14223407072010(a)mx01.eternal-september.org>,
Fred Moore <fmoore(a)gcfn.org> wrote:

> 'The photos of him with Medvedev shows a very sick man (I'm a physician
> familiar with end-of-life issues, but it doesn't require an MD to see
> the pronounced muscle wasting apparent).'

Don't forget the man is apparently an antenna expert, a PR expert, a
software scheduling expert, etc. too.

Steve
From: John McWilliams on
Dr. Tinto wrote:

> This was someone's opinion on CSMA. It seems an interesting take or troll.
>
> "In a year or two, they won't even be selling Macs. The iPhone made it's
> splash and now newer and better competing products are coming on line. The
> iPod market is saturated. The iPad is a faddish failure that only failures
> buy with newer and better products on the near horizon. The mini is a toy.
> Apple TV is an outright failure - a hobby according to Jobs.
>
> The smart money left Apple years ago. The rats are now starting to jump
> ship. Only the Freaks are left - but they won't be able to sustain Apple."

Wow, must be a great time now to short Apple stock! As if........ as if
they guy had the cojones.

--
lsmft
From: Steve Hix on
In article <09aZn.3530$lS1.851(a)newsfe12.iad>,
"Dr. Tinto" <drtinto(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> "Priam" <priam(a)notsosure.com> wrote in message

> >> While Steve Jobs was on "sabbatical", I asked about this, and many told
> >> me (here) that there were enough "great" people within Apple to continue
> >> the spirit of innovation after Jobs retires.
> >>
> >> And Apple might become a little less proprietary, perhaps allowing OS-X
> >> to run on other EFI based computers not built by Apple. (HP, Dell etc)
> >
> > Dreaming again, JF? Apple will never come less proprietary. Hey, that's
> > how it milks you suckers. They've tried before and Apple almost
> > disappeared. When Jobs came back, he stopped this /nonsense/.
>

> This was someone's opinion on CSMA. It seems an interesting take or troll.
>
> "In a year or two, they won't even be selling Macs. The iPhone made it's
> splash and now newer and better competing products are coming on line. The
> iPod market is saturated. The iPad is a faddish failure that only failures
> buy with newer and better products on the near horizon. The mini is a toy.
> Apple TV is an outright failure - a hobby according to Jobs.
>
> The smart money left Apple years ago. The rats are now starting to jump
> ship. Only the Freaks are left - but they won't be able to sustain Apple."

I wonder what color the sky is on that commenter's world.

I vote for troll.
From: Steve Hix on
In article <sdfisher-8469D9.08030608072010(a)shawnews.vc.shawcable.net>,
Steven Fisher <sdfisher(a)spamcop.net> wrote:

> In article <fmoore-ABA736.14223407072010(a)mx01.eternal-september.org>,
> Fred Moore <fmoore(a)gcfn.org> wrote:
>
> > 'The photos of him with Medvedev shows a very sick man (I'm a physician
> > familiar with end-of-life issues, but it doesn't require an MD to see
> > the pronounced muscle wasting apparent).'
>
> Don't forget the man is apparently an antenna expert, a PR expert, a
> software scheduling expert, etc. too.

He may not be any of the above, but he certainly has immediate access to
any number of others who are.
From: Priam on
On 07/08/2010 01:30 AM, Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> In article<4c354da5$0$4824$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>,
> JF Mezei<jfmezei.spamnot(a)vaxination.ca> wrote:
>
>> You should note that Apple (under Jobs) did buy PowerComputing and
>> initially used those assets to enable the selling of custom made
>> computers. So Apple did see some positive out of that when you consider
>> that Apple now offers custom made configs on just about all their hardware.
>
> I don't think Mr. Jobs ever walked away from any corporate experience
> that he didn't learn from. Obviously, I'm a fan.
>
>> Apple is perhaps now more of a hardware design company since it
>> manufactures very little of its own gear anymore.
>
> I just read a fascinating article by Andy Grove tonight. Here it is.
> <http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_28/b4186048358596.htm?ca
> mpaign_id=rss_topStories>. This isn't just an Apple story.

Interesting article but Grove doesn't see the whole picture. He writes:

"Levy an extra tax on the product of offshored labor. (If the result is
a trade war, treat it like other wars—fight to win.)"

The problem is companies such as Apple just luv the extra cut that
building in Asian countries brings them. Building in Asian countries
makes billionaires at home. Consumers also enjoy the relatively low
prices. So all the lobbying will go towards status quo.

>> With that in mind, perhaps Jonathan Ives is the next suitor for Jobs'
>> job, as opposed to Schiller, Forstall or Serlet.
>
> May it take a long time for us to see.

Jobs or somebody else will make no difference. What will bring Apple
down is the collapse of the American economy.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: Software sound booster?
Next: Mac in 2 minutes