From: JF Mezei on
Jochem Huhmann wrote:

> Yeah, Jobs could stand to gain some weight. May be hard to manage though
> after such a major replumbing of his guts.
>
> Anyway, I haven't seen many "terminally-ill cancer patients" jumping
> around on a stage for one and a half hours lately.

I said that his current frail look is an indication he is not healthy,
but that this alone can't give you a diagnosis of what is wrong.

In ability to gain wewight when you are visibly underweight is not a
good sign. But that is the only conclusion one can draw and you can't
infer any type of disease.

And to be fair, one would need to know ehether he has a strong apetite
(and east like a pig) or whether he is never hungry and just east a
little bit.

But his lack of weight is a cause for concern.
From: Jochem Huhmann on
JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot(a)vaxination.ca> writes:

> Jochem Huhmann wrote:
>
>> Yeah, Jobs could stand to gain some weight. May be hard to manage though
>> after such a major replumbing of his guts.
>>
>> Anyway, I haven't seen many "terminally-ill cancer patients" jumping
>> around on a stage for one and a half hours lately.
>
> I said that his current frail look is an indication he is not healthy,
> but that this alone can't give you a diagnosis of what is wrong.

Yeah, but his frail look is not exactly new.

> In ability to gain wewight when you are visibly underweight is not a
> good sign. But that is the only conclusion one can draw and you can't
> infer any type of disease.

I think with all the diseases he's already got there's no need to assume
a new one.

> And to be fair, one would need to know ehether he has a strong apetite
> (and east like a pig) or whether he is never hungry and just east a
> little bit.
>
> But his lack of weight is a cause for concern.

It's summer here right now and it's hot and the girls are wearing very
little. There are quite a few among them who make me think the same
thing.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
From: Richard Maine on
XX <dosexes(a)dsahiuargd.net> wrote:

> "Richard Maine" <nospam(a)see.signature> wrote in message
> > XX <dosexes(a)dsahiuargd.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Stick to what you know best, nothing.
> >
> > Seldom have I seen a better example of self-referential irony.
> > Of course, one doesn't generally expect discourse at the level of
> > playground taunts to be self consistent.
>
> [obscenities]

Such a dazzling display eloquence must convince everyone of your
perfection. It invogrates me with youthful reminiscences of junior high,
when the children had just learned those words and thought it so
impressive to use them a lot. When you haven't yet hit puberty, talking
has to substitute for doing. A few of the kids kept talking that way as
they got older, mostly those that were such loosers that they couldn't
get any for real.

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
From: Phillip Jones on
Jochem Huhmann wrote:
> JF Mezei<jfmezei.spamnot(a)vaxination.ca> writes:
>
>> Jochem Huhmann wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, Jobs could stand to gain some weight. May be hard to manage though
>>> after such a major replumbing of his guts.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I haven't seen many "terminally-ill cancer patients" jumping
>>> around on a stage for one and a half hours lately.
>>
>> I said that his current frail look is an indication he is not healthy,
>> but that this alone can't give you a diagnosis of what is wrong.
>
> Yeah, but his frail look is not exactly new.
>
>> In ability to gain wewight when you are visibly underweight is not a
>> good sign. But that is the only conclusion one can draw and you can't
>> infer any type of disease.
>
> I think with all the diseases he's already got there's no need to assume
> a new one.
>
>> And to be fair, one would need to know ehether he has a strong apetite
>> (and east like a pig) or whether he is never hungry and just east a
>> little bit.
>>
>> But his lack of weight is a cause for concern.
>
> It's summer here right now and it's hot and the girls are wearing very
> little. There are quite a few among them who make me think the same
> thing.
>

> Jochem

while Jobs is terminal ill is anyone guess. But lack of weight is not
necessarily a good indicator.

My mother lost about 80 pounds in one year as a result of taking an
arthritis medicine called Ultram. Before taking this medicine. she had a
health appetite. in Fact she wore 20W in Large women's clothes. as a
result of the taste which was ruined with this medicine she survived on
soda Cracks and Coca Cola each day because it was only thing that
tasted good. She went to Doctors even had a Light stuck down in to
stomach. from throat on down was blood red. after Doctors couldn't
figure out what was going on she quit the Ultram. within a month she got
her taste back. Sher stomach has shrunk to point just two spoons full of
something will fill her up. her ideal weight should be for her size and
bone structure, about 150 pounds. she currently weighs around 110 pounds
and goes between a size 12-10 in clothes size. She eats a bowl of ice
cream every night and drinks ensure. at least once a day. She suffers
with Back Pain as a result of being knocked down by elevator door in a
Hospital. but other wise is healthy. Yet looks like skeleton walking
around. I am constantly (which I hate doing) harassing her to eat.

So we don't know what the state of Mr Jobs internal plumbing is maybe he
has gotten like my mother and can't eat because his stomach is shrunk
and he just can't.

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pjones1(a)kimbanet.com
From: Jochem Huhmann on
Phillip Jones <pjones1(a)kimbanet.com> writes:

> So we don't know what the state of Mr Jobs internal plumbing is maybe he
> has gotten like my mother and can't eat because his stomach is shrunk
> and he just can't.

Yeah, according to that Wikipedia article there's only part of his
stomach left (this is part of the procedure that was done on him). And
he will also have a totally changed metabolism (his liver transplant was
necessary because he could not metabolize proteins anymore).

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: Software sound booster?