From: Paul Miner on
7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/196912/7_ways_android_2_2_froyo_tops_apples_iphone.html?tk=rss_news>

The just-announced Android 2.2 (code-named Froyo) looks like a winner,
with plenty of capabilities that put it well beyond the iPhone. Here
are seven ways in which Android 2.2 is superior to the iPhone.

[rest of story at link above]

I'm guessing the Apple fans will say that each of the iPhone
limitations is a benefit in some way.

--
Paul Miner
From: Larry on
Paul Miner <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote in

> 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone
> <http://www.pcworld.com/article/196912/7_ways_android_2_2_froyo_tops_ap
> ples_iphone.html?tk=rss_news>
>
> The just-announced Android 2.2 (code-named Froyo) looks like a winner,
> with plenty of capabilities that put it well beyond the iPhone. Here
> are seven ways in which Android 2.2 is superior to the iPhone.
>
> [rest of story at link above]
>
> I'm guessing the Apple fans will say that each of the iPhone
> limitations is a benefit in some way.

Nope. Ifan response #3.2:

"All the 7 things you metion above I can do it all with my iPhone 3gs.
What's the big deal? iPhone is very use friendly phone, especially the
multitouch screen Android is lack of it. For though who's heavy cell phone
usage I would recomend the iPhone over the Android."

Same bullshit....new day.

Froyo and Flash are gonna eat fruit for lunch!

Providing wifi service to the iPad at the demo was just GENIUS!....(c;]

How's Jobs gonna block out connecting iPad to your new Froyofone?
Why would anyone with a Flash Froyophone WANT a hobbled up Maxipad??

--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.

Larry

From: Cameo on
"Paul Miner" <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm guessing the Apple fans will say that each of the iPhone
> limitations is a benefit in some way.

An Apple will come up with a reason to sue Google for infringing on
something.

From: SMS on
On 21/05/10 4:16 PM, Paul Miner wrote:
> 7 Ways Android 2.2 Froyo Tops Apple's iPhone
> <http://www.pcworld.com/article/196912/7_ways_android_2_2_froyo_tops_apples_iphone.html?tk=rss_news>
>
> The just-announced Android 2.2 (code-named Froyo) looks like a winner,
> with plenty of capabilities that put it well beyond the iPhone. Here
> are seven ways in which Android 2.2 is superior to the iPhone.
>
> [rest of story at link above]
>
> I'm guessing the Apple fans will say that each of the iPhone
> limitations is a benefit in some way.

Interesting article, but several items are only partially correct.

1. Tethering.

It's not the iPhone that can't tether, it's AT&T that doesn't allow it.
And there are ways to tether the iPhone by jail-breaking it and using an
app like MyWi. Also, with pre-3.1.2 versions of the firmware you can get
it to tether without jail-breaking.

2. It turns your phone into a WiFi hotspot.

A jail-broken iPhone can do this.

3. It plays Flash.

Yes, that's a huge advantage of newer Android models over the iPhone.
You get the whole web, not just part of it.

4. It has open apps.

Yes, this is a good feature, though it's a trade-off for now since the
Apple aps store has so many more apps than are available for Android.
And again, a jail-broken iPhone has open apps.

5. It multi-tasks.

The iPhone does kind of do this, sometimes. It does task switching anyway.

6. It has better browsers.

True.

7. It gives more carrier choice.

That's the real biggie here. But a Verizon iPhone appears imminent.

8. Given all that, why would anyone buy an iPhone rather than an Android
phone? I don't know; it beats me.

Having used both an iPhone and an Android phone I can see the reasons
why someone might be willing to accept the iPhone's limitations. No one
disputes that the hardware features and some of the OS features are
better on the Android phones.

Some reasons:

1. The breadth of applications for the iPhone far exceeds what's
available on Android.

2. If you're into iTunes you may want to move your purchased music over
to the iPhone from the iPod, and continue to use the iTunes store for music.

3. The ergonomics and user interface of the iPhone are more intuitive
with less of a learning curve.

Also, don't forget that the current iPhone model is about to be
discontinued in favor of the new model which may address some of the
issues that the article talks about.
From: John Navas on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 12:15:58 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
wrote in <4bfad062$0$1670$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:

>On 21/05/10 4:16 PM, Paul Miner wrote:

>8. Given all that, why would anyone buy an iPhone rather than an Android
>phone? I don't know; it beats me.
>
>Having used both an iPhone and an Android phone

Color me skeptical, very skeptical -- I'm willing to bet you're again
relying on Internet content (how else to explain the many errors).

>I can see the reasons
>why someone might be willing to accept the iPhone's limitations. No one
>disputes that the hardware features and some of the OS features are
>better on the Android phones.
>
>Some reasons:
>
>1. The breadth of applications for the iPhone far exceeds what's
>available on Android.

The only area in which iPhone apps top Android apps is games.
For those of us that don't care about games it's a non-issue.

>2. If you're into iTunes you may want to move your purchased music over
>to the iPhone from the iPod, and continue to use the iTunes store for music.

If you must use iTunes (ugh), there are easy ways to sync it with
non-Apple devices.

>3. The ergonomics and user interface of the iPhone are more intuitive
>with less of a learning curve.

It's clear you don't have much if any real Android experience.

>Also, don't forget that the current iPhone model is about to be
>discontinued in favor of the new model which may address some of the
>issues that the article talks about.

Vaporware, the final refuge of the iFan.
--
Best regards,
John

If the iPhone is really so impressive,
why do iFans keep making excuses for it?