From: nospam on
In article <84lov5pf9hvmied520f5g9llsn9uu0km7d(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >And the hardware has been looked at too, whether or not Apple intended
> >for it to be.
>
> Irrelevant: prototype, not released, and nothing to do with the OS.

near final (dvt) and it will have more features than what has been
announced for iphone os 4.

> "Stay on target, Luke, stay on target!"

that goes for you too.
From: Justin on
Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote on [25 May 2010 21:36:29 GMT]:
> In alt.cellular.verizon John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>> In due course it will be, whatever OS 4.0 actually is, not the current
>> vaporware.
>
> It's not vaporware; it has been anounced by Apple. Vaporware defines the
> rumor of software, but OS 4.0 is no rumor.

Um, until it makes it to the consumer it is not released. Vaporware is
software or hardare that is announced but never released. Plenty
of vaporware has "shipped" to developers and review units.
From: Thomas T. Veldhouse on
In alt.cellular.verizon nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <862u6tF25pU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Thomas T. Veldhouse
> <veldy71(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In alt.cellular.verizon John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>> > In due course it will be, whatever OS 4.0 actually is, not the current
>> > vaporware.
>>
>> It's not vaporware; it has been anounced by Apple. Vaporware defines the
>> rumor of software, but OS 4.0 is no rumor.
>
> not only has it been announced but it has shipped to developers. apple
> said the final version will ship in summer 2010 and it's not summer
> yet. nothing vapor about it.
>
> compare that to adobe flash for mobile, which was supposed to be done
> *last* year and it's still not done.

Steve Jobs doesn't seem to like Adobe much at all and it seems that Flash on
the iPod is influenced by this.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Religion is a crutch, but that's okay... humanity is a cripple.
From: Thomas T. Veldhouse on
In alt.cellular.verizon Paul Miner <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:
> On 25 May 2010 21:36:29 GMT, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>In alt.cellular.verizon John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In due course it will be, whatever OS 4.0 actually is, not the current
>>> vaporware.
>>
>>It's not vaporware; it has been anounced by Apple. Vaporware defines the
>>rumor of software, but OS 4.0 is no rumor.
>
> Not true. Announcements certainly qualify as vaporware, although I
> understand in this case something has actually shipped (to
> developers).

Actual release announcements are not vaporware; they require demonstration
[kind of like Windows beta and release candidates come before the
announcement]. There is working software out there which makes it real
software, not vaporware. My statement that OS 4.0 is no rumor is a shorter
way of saying the obvious which I apparently just had to explain.

From: Thomas T. Veldhouse on
In alt.cellular.verizon nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <j3jov5lfdkqkjf3t6nddkdk5ia4tivj9f5(a)4ax.com>, Paul Miner
> <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:
>
> more importantly, not all devices will run android 2.2, including the
> t-mobile g1 which is currently being sold, *new*, right *now*.

Not all iPods that run 3.1.x will run 4.0 either. Only iPod Touch Gen 3 and
iPhone GS models (not sure about any previous iPhone model) will accept OS
4.0.