From: nospam on
In article <862u6tF25pU1(a)mid.individual.net>, Thomas T. Veldhouse
<veldy71(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> In alt.cellular.verizon John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
> > In due course it will be, whatever OS 4.0 actually is, not the current
> > vaporware.
>
> It's not vaporware; it has been anounced by Apple. Vaporware defines the
> rumor of software, but OS 4.0 is no rumor.

not only has it been announced but it has shipped to developers. apple
said the final version will ship in summer 2010 and it's not summer
yet. nothing vapor about it.

compare that to adobe flash for mobile, which was supposed to be done
*last* year and it's still not done.
From: Paul Miner on
On 25 May 2010 21:36:29 GMT, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>In alt.cellular.verizon John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>> In due course it will be, whatever OS 4.0 actually is, not the current
>> vaporware.
>
>It's not vaporware; it has been anounced by Apple. Vaporware defines the
>rumor of software, but OS 4.0 is no rumor.

Not true. Announcements certainly qualify as vaporware, although I
understand in this case something has actually shipped (to
developers).

--
Paul Miner
From: SMS on
On 25/05/10 2:36 PM, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> In alt.cellular.verizon John Navas<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>> In due course it will be, whatever OS 4.0 actually is, not the current
>> vaporware.
>
> It's not vaporware; it has been anounced by Apple. Vaporware defines the
> rumor of software, but OS 4.0 is no rumor.

And the hardware has been looked at too, whether or not Apple intended
for it to be.

From: John Navas on
On Tue, 25 May 2010 15:49:36 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com>
wrote in <4bfc5400$0$1627$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>:

>On 25/05/10 2:36 PM, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
>> In alt.cellular.verizon John Navas<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In due course it will be, whatever OS 4.0 actually is, not the current
>>> vaporware.
>>
>> It's not vaporware; it has been anounced by Apple. Vaporware defines the
>> rumor of software, but OS 4.0 is no rumor.
>
>And the hardware has been looked at too, whether or not Apple intended
>for it to be.

Irrelevant: prototype, not released, and nothing to do with the OS.

"Stay on target, Luke, stay on target!"
--
Best regards,
John

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level
and then beat you with experience." -Dr. Alan Zimmerman
From: nospam on
In article <j3jov5lfdkqkjf3t6nddkdk5ia4tivj9f5(a)4ax.com>, Paul Miner
<pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:

> >> In due course it will be, whatever OS 4.0 actually is, not the current
> >> vaporware.
> >
> >It's not vaporware; it has been anounced by Apple. Vaporware defines the
> >rumor of software, but OS 4.0 is no rumor.
>
> Not true. Announcements certainly qualify as vaporware, although I
> understand in this case something has actually shipped (to
> developers).

4 betas so far and probably another before final release, expected in
june. it's definitely not vapor.

although android 2.2 was announced and a pre-release for nexus one
surfaced, the final release has not yet occurred and it might be a
while for some devices.

<http://www.slashgear.com/motorola-droid-will-receive-android-2-2-in-the-
near-future-2186605/>

While I can�t comment on specifics, we do expect DROID by Motorola
users will receive Android 2.2 as a software upgrade in the near
future.

near future?? (translated, 'vapor'). elsewhere in the article, it says
that htc is planning on the end of the year. sounds like even more
vapor.

if iphone os 4 is considered vapor (despite its imminent release in
just a couple of weeks), then android 2.2 must be considered even more
vapor. can't have it both ways.

more importantly, not all devices will run android 2.2, including the
t-mobile g1 which is currently being sold, *new*, right *now*.