From: Kimmy Boyer on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:14:39 -0700, John Navas wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2010 16:22:09 -0400, Kimmy Boyer <KimaBoyer(a)yahoo.com>
> wrote in <4bfed46b$1(a)news.x-privat.org>:
>
>>[SNIP]
>
> *plonk*

Pick that turd up and eat it!
--
http://tr.im/1f7r
From: SMS on
On 27/05/10 4:48 PM, Paul Miner wrote:
> On Thu, 27 May 2010 12:37:54 -0700, nospam<nospam(a)nospam.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> Thanks for (finally) conceding the point!
>>
>> it's still vapor for the vast majority of android users. some don't
>> even know if they'll get it or not since the manufacturer has not yet
>> decided.
>
> You still don't understand what vaporware is. If it's available to any
> end users, (not necessarily ALL end users), then it's no longer
> vaporware. It's a simple concept.

Or as we say about our competitor, "they're shipping data sheets in volume."
From: Paul Miner on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 17:05:28 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>In article <i31uv55mm6i5t3gl2pj2gjpd9eh1s34sg1(a)4ax.com>, Paul Miner
><pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:
>
>> You still don't understand what vaporware is. If it's available to any
>> end users, (not necessarily ALL end users), then it's no longer
>> vaporware. It's a simple concept.
>
>then iphone os 4 isn't vaporware either since it's available to some
>end users, but not all (yet). very simple.

That's a change then. Earlier in this thread you said it was not yet
available to end users.

--
Paul Miner
From: nospam on
In article <rnkuv5lqnbic8h8c6jr64s00baeu31qmhg(a)4ax.com>, Paul Miner
<pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:

> >> You still don't understand what vaporware is. If it's available to any
> >> end users, (not necessarily ALL end users), then it's no longer
> >> vaporware. It's a simple concept.
> >
> >then iphone os 4 isn't vaporware either since it's available to some
> >end users, but not all (yet). very simple.
>
> That's a change then. Earlier in this thread you said it was not yet
> available to end users.

i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.
From: Steve Fenwick on
In article <bn5rv5tlq2jvdna8111kuip5tohr5rajsf(a)4ax.com>,
Paul Miner <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:48:28 -0700, Steve Fenwick
> <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> >In article <i8lqv599av527mfj61o7clmft1fni8bm9n(a)4ax.com>,
> > Paul Miner <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> What could possibly justify very, very few 3 year old i* devices being
> >> still in use? If true, that's not good for anyone, including Apple.
> >
> >Huh? 3 year old iPhones (1st gen) may work just fine. Not as fast as new
> >ones, but still better than many alternatives. Less waste for the
> >landfill sounds like a decent reason.
> >
> >Steve
>
> You replied to me, but you disputed nospam's claim that "very, very
> few" of the earlier units are still in use after 3 years. Thank you.

Sorry about the misattribution. In my household, we run a variety of
products, new and old. We replace as needed and sometimes as the new
technology overtakes the old in interesting ways, but we are not a "new
car every year" household.

Steve

--
steve <at> w0x0f <dot> com
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of