From: nospam on
In article <iarvv5pjttjnc00bolj79o1el2b4aqfeks(a)4ax.com>, Char Jackson
<none(a)none.invalid> wrote:

> >i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
> >anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.
>
> Right, so that puts it squarely in the vaporware camp.

nope. developers are end users too.
From: Justin on
nospam wrote on [Fri, 28 May 2010 10:45:26 -0700]:
> In article <iarvv5pjttjnc00bolj79o1el2b4aqfeks(a)4ax.com>, Char Jackson
> <none(a)none.invalid> wrote:
>
>> >i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
>> >anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.
>>
>> Right, so that puts it squarely in the vaporware camp.
>
> nope. developers are end users too.

end users are not developers
From: Justin on
nospam wrote on [Fri, 28 May 2010 10:45:22 -0700]:
> In article <6revv5lii9bin5fcj5tgd5kq3vtcjn478o(a)4ax.com>, Paul Miner
> <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the clarification. Developers aren't end users, so I'd say
>> it's back in the vapor category.
>
> of course developers are end users. they not only use the phone they
> develop for it.

But end users are not developers.
From: Paul Miner on
On Fri, 28 May 2010 10:45:26 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>In article <iarvv5pjttjnc00bolj79o1el2b4aqfeks(a)4ax.com>, Char Jackson
><none(a)none.invalid> wrote:
>
>> >i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
>> >anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.
>>
>> Right, so that puts it squarely in the vaporware camp.
>
>nope. developers are end users too.

Sure, they could eventually be end users, but for now they are
developers. Hence, the product is not yet released and is therefore
vaporware.

I don't know how many ways you can twist this simple concept, but
every time you arrive right back where we started.

--
Paul Miner
From: nospam on
In article <htovpp$e74$2(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
<nospam(a)insightbb.com> wrote:

> > of course developers are end users. they not only use the phone they
> > develop for it.
>
> But end users are not developers.

some are.