From: Justin on
nospam wrote on [Thu, 27 May 2010 10:03:54 -0700]:
> In article <ai8tv5lluofgcvi4r9jjfiql1r7n6rlh52(a)4ax.com>, Paul Miner
> <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Assuming you're right that 2.2 is available for the Nexus One, then
>> it's obviously not vaporware.
>
> it's not vaporware only to a tiny subset of android users.

So, it's not vaporware then.
Simple, you lose

> define it any way you want, the fact remains that android 2.2 is only
> available for one model phone that didn't sell very well and by manual
> installation.

Yes, it's available.

From: nospam on
In article <htm9vo$33b$4(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
<nospam(a)insightbb.com> wrote:

> >> Assuming you're right that 2.2 is available for the Nexus One, then
> >> it's obviously not vaporware.
> >
> > it's not vaporware only to a tiny subset of android users.
>
> So, it's not vaporware then.

iphone os 4 is available to a subset of users too and probably to more
users than nexus one owners.

> Simple, you lose

nope.

> > define it any way you want, the fact remains that android 2.2 is only
> > available for one model phone that didn't sell very well and by manual
> > installation.
>
> Yes, it's available.

so is iphone os 4.
From: nospam on
In article <htm9bf$33b$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
<nospam(a)insightbb.com> wrote:

> > but it's perfectly ok for google to orphan the t-mobile g1, a phone
> > that's just 18 months old and *still being sold* today, or for htc to
> > orphan anything sold prior to 2010, less than six months ago.
>
> They are not mutually exclusive items. They are both wrong.

neither is wrong.

here's the g1, still available at t-mobile, and no mention that it's a
dead end. only $99 with a contract. what a deal.
<http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/Cell-Phone-Detail.aspx?cell-phone=T-
Mobile-G1-with-Google-White>
From: nospam on
In article <htm9k2$33b$2(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
<nospam(a)insightbb.com> wrote:

> Who cares if an iDevice user that can't run flash wants to visit them.

web site owners will want their site to be usable by 100 million users
who represent over 2/3rds of mobile web traffic. in other words, the
majority of mobile users *don't* have flash.

> That doesn't matter. What matters are all the sites that they can't
> use properly due to no Flash support. The number of sites that run Flash
> is irrelevant, it's the number of popular sites that matters.

again, it's not that many sites and a lot work without needing flash,
including youtube.

> >> I don't want native app games, I want the flash games that will never
> >> be ported to native apps.
> >
> > such as? and how do you know they won't ever be ported? and what makes
>
> Visit a lot of the flash game sites, there are thousands of these games
> out there

only thousands? there are tens of thousands of games at the apps store,
but i asked specifically *which ones* will never be ported? i bet some
of them already have been ported.

> >> I want to be able to use restaurant websites that are flash based
> >> Hint: That's a lot of sites.
> >
> > actually it isn't, and the number is dropping.
>
> Prove it? I don't see that at all

more and more web sites announce html5 support. that means they'll work
on the iphone, no flash needed.
From: nospam on
In article <htm9p0$33b$3(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Justin
<nospam(a)insightbb.com> wrote:

> > the simple concept, is that so far, it's only available for the nexus
> > one, a phone that sold in very small numbers, and that's via manual
> > update. it's not available yet for the motorola droid, htc evo (the
>
> Yet, it's available. What a hard concept to understand

only to nexus one owners.

> > As I said at the beginning, Android 2.2 will be here soon, and some
> > devices will get the update in the coming weeks.
>
> And some have it, so IT IS RELEASED TO CONSUMERS
> I know, it's hard to wrap your mind around this FACT.

it has not been released to consumers who bought phones *other* than
the nexus one and it may never be, depending on the phone and the
manufacturer's decision to support it. i keep posting links that
explain this very clearly, have you not read any of them?

> > developer sdk (sounds familiar), 'soon' and 'coming weeks' = not
> > released yet.
>
> Huh, I have the developer SDK already, so soon is long past

soon is for the end user release. do keep up.

developers have had iphone os 4 for nearly two months now.