From: Paul Miner on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 22:31:13 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>> >then iphone os 4 isn't vaporware either since it's available to some
>> >end users, but not all (yet). very simple.
>>
>> That's a change then. Earlier in this thread you said it was not yet
>> available to end users.
>
>i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
>anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.

Thanks for the clarification. Developers aren't end users, so I'd say
it's back in the vapor category.

--
Paul Miner
From: Paul Miner on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 23:31:25 -0700, Steve Fenwick
<nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

>Sorry about the misattribution. In my household, we run a variety of
>products, new and old. We replace as needed and sometimes as the new
>technology overtakes the old in interesting ways, but we are not a "new
>car every year" household.
>
>Steve

Very much the same for me and my household.

--
Paul Miner
From: Krypsis on
On 28/05/2010 3:31 PM, nospam wrote:

>>> then iphone os 4 isn't vaporware either since it's available to some
>>> end users, but not all (yet). very simple.
>>
>> That's a change then. Earlier in this thread you said it was not yet
>> available to end users.
>
> i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
> anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.

Developers are NOT end users. They are the "creators" of software, those
people who write software for the end users to use. Developers typically
do not have to "buy" the product but the end users most certainly will
have to fork out the hard cash.
Beta testers "may" be considered a special subset of end users who also
won't have to pay for the product but you didn't mention them in your post.
That said, many software companies are treating end users like beta
testers given the bugs that so many finished products are riddled with!

Krypsis

From: Char Jackson on
wrote:

>> >then iphone os 4 isn't vaporware either since it's available to some
>> >end users, but not all (yet). very simple.
>>
>> That's a change then. Earlier in this thread you said it was not yet
>> available to end users.
>
>i said it's available to developers, who are a subset of end users.
>anyone that wants it can sign up and download it.

Right, so that puts it squarely in the vaporware camp.

From: nospam on
In article <6revv5lii9bin5fcj5tgd5kq3vtcjn478o(a)4ax.com>, Paul Miner
<pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification. Developers aren't end users, so I'd say
> it's back in the vapor category.

of course developers are end users. they not only use the phone they
develop for it.