From: Thomas T. Veldhouse on
In alt.cellular.verizon nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <h0sqv5dha71m44kckja59lqctdijs2h0m7(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
> <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> >No, OS 4.0 is NOT vaporware.
>>
>> Until it ships to end users it most certainly *is* vaporware.
>
> then android 2.2 is vaporware. it has not shipped to end users other
> than a few nexus one users, a phone that sold in very small quantities
> compared to the other android phones, particularly the droid.
>
> there are probably more iphones running 4.0 betas than android 2.2
> right now.
>
> can't have it both ways.

I am sure he can argue semantics and warp it to his desired result. The
simple facts are that android 2.2 will be compared to Apple OS 4.0
(iPhone,iPod,iPad). Vaporware be damned.

Notice the novice never even noticed the removal of his so self-important
cingular group from this part of the thread :-) I am sure he thinks that more
important than the actual debate little enough playing games of semantics and
will reply to this message just so he can add it back in :-)

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Religion is a crutch, but that's okay... humanity is a cripple.
From: John Navas on
On 26 May 2010 21:35:57 GMT, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71(a)gmail.com>
wrote in <865ihtF4vaU2(a)mid.individual.net>:

>In alt.cellular.verizon John Navas <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>> Until it ships to end users it most certainly *is* vaporware.
>
>Since it exists and is not simply an idea in the vapor, I respectfully
>disagree. ...

Disagree all you want, but that still doesn't make you any less wrong
(or determined to make yourself look foolish for no good reason).

--
Best regards,
John

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." -Alexander Pope
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain
"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn."
-Benjamin Franklin
From: nospam on
In article <865ingF4vaU3(a)mid.individual.net>, Thomas T. Veldhouse
<veldy71(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sure he can argue semantics and warp it to his desired result.

that's what he does.

> The
> simple facts are that android 2.2 will be compared to Apple OS 4.0
> (iPhone,iPod,iPad). Vaporware be damned.

right. android 2.2 is going to be vapor for a lot longer and for a lot
more users than iphone os 4.
From: John Navas on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 16:30:36 -0500, Paul Miner <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid>
wrote in <4i4rv55peon1qbiic92fsj3bgnqvqtn6vf(a)4ax.com>:

>On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:32:43 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>In article <f0mqv5920dnd7odg242l5bv4nbldc2k21i(a)4ax.com>, Paul Miner
>><pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> The key word is 'announced'. It's vapor until it ships.
>>
>>it *has* shipped. anyone who wants it can sign up as a developer and
>>get a beta version. the public release is imminent.
>>
>>but if you want to call it vapor, android 2.2 is also vapor, and even
>>more so.
>
>Agreed. The definition of vapor applies universally. Both are
>vaporware until they ship, and "to developers" doesn't count.

Wrong. Android 2.2 for Nexus One is already available for download.
<http://apexnewsnetwork.com/21787/google-nexus-one-gets-android-2-2-update-upgrade/>

--
Best regards,
John

If the iPhone is really so impressive,
why do iFans keep making excuses for it?
From: Paul Miner on
On 26 May 2010 18:49:02 GMT, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>In alt.cellular.verizon Paul Miner <pminer(a)elrancho.invalid> wrote:
>> On Wed, 26 May 2010 09:41:33 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>>all 2nd and 3rd gen ipod touches and the iphone 3g and 3gs can run 4.0,
>>>plus whatever is released this year.
>>>
>>>only the 1st gen ipod touch and original iphone cannot. they're 3 year
>>>old devices and very, very few are still in use.
>>
>> What could possibly justify very, very few 3 year old i* devices being
>> still in use? If true, that's not good for anyone, including Apple.
>
>That is a very short sighted thing to say. With two-year contracts on these
>devices standard and with the market for such a device spanning as much as a
>year, you have three years of modern support right there. Further, it is VERY
>common for such devices to be passed on to other people for continued use and
>the original person "upgrades". Five years is probably more realistic in my
>opinion.

Please review what you wrote. In no way does it logically follow the
post you replied to.

My question stands: What could possibly justify very, very few 3 year