From: Larry on
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in news:300520101900462534%
nospam(a)nospam.invalid:

> you're the exception. there's plenty of malware out there, including
> some on android.

Billions of Windows users, worldwide, protected with some really nice
products like Symantec's Norton series, are totally unaffected by anything
they click. NIS 2010 won't even let me click on malware websites off
Google without just raisin' hell if I dare click it.....even before I click
it! Every google website is pre-rated by NIS 2010, right on the Firefox
browser.

My Windows experience goes back to DOS 1.0 on an IBM PC running 4.77 Mhz on
on 8088 with 16K of RAM. All this Apple koolaid bullshit from the fanboiz
base just doesn't wash.

I know complete computer ignorants running Win without any protection at
all and they very RARELY ever get infected, though their system is running
24/7 on a cable modem.....with no protection at all!

Your bullshit just doesn't wash. It's CERTAINLY not worth pay double,
triple or worse to be in the reality distortion field coming out of
Cupertino and Daddy Steve's bank account.

Crossposted from ipad over here to ATTWS....and responded to in attws.

What the hell is iPad worrying over Windows viruses for, anyways??

--
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.

Larry

From: Jolly Roger on
In article <slrni05rc8.5k.dcferguson(a)akit-ferguson.com>,
Dennis Ferguson <dcferguson(a)pacbell.net> wrote:

> On 2010-05-30, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > In article <1u65069v840lksrpjovrggv9s8cn62oefm(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
> ><jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
> >> Tell that to those of us with Android phones that cost us less, give us
> >> more, and don't limit us to AT&T. :D
> >
> > android phones are just catching up to iphones and the at&t exclusivity
> > is going to end, probably sooner than people think.
>
> How soon do people think AT&T exclusivity is going to end?
>
> > android 2.2 adds tethering, something the iphone has had for a year.
> > although at&t doesn't support it on the iphone, just about every other
> > carrier does.
>
> My iPhone can be tethered on about 12% of the carriers the phone
> can be used with. That's "just about every other carrier"?

Actually, the iPhone tether with AT&T, or with any other provider.

JR
From: Your Name on
In article <20660613mqemb2vsa6ugq0qk9hukeq174o(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 2010 16:12:15 -0700, Jeff Liebermann <jeffl(a)cruzio.com>
> wrote in <9kp506te8ttcicf2kn68t2imio55r4noe3(a)4ax.com>:
>
> >On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:50:02 -0700, John Navas
> ><jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
> >>Newton was canceled because Apple got it completely wrong.
> >
> >There was more wrong than the product. Newton was originally an
> >internal research product, which produced quite a bit of Apple
> >technology in its 8 years of operation. Only when the board decided
> >to turn it into a marketable product, did the problems surface.
> >
> >Apple had to chose between two completely different designs (Junior
> >and Senior) for the Newton. They picked the wrong one.
>
> With all due respect, there was no right one.

In the end they sort-of released both - the Newton and the eMate.

> >When you use an Apple iPhone or the handwriting recognition in OS/X,
> >please remember that it's roots are in the Apple Newton.
>
> When you use any Apple product, please remember that its roots are in
> the Xerox Alto. Or shall we go back to Turing? ;)

Nope. You have to go back to the wheel and fire, or even further back to
climbing down from the trees, walking on two legs and using a brain ... at
least some of us do. ;-)
From: nospam on
In article <Xns9D88F287147B7noonehomecom(a)74.209.131.13>, Larry
<noone(a)home.com> wrote:

> Billions of Windows users, worldwide, protected with some really nice
> products like Symantec's Norton series,

symantec norton is 'really nice' ??? you must be smoking something
strange.

i recently excised it from a pc, replacing it with a far better and
free alternative. i even had to hunt down an uninstaller, since the
normal windows remove program would not remove it. things run much
better now, *without* it.

> are totally unaffected by anything they click.

wrong.

> NIS 2010 won't even let me click on malware websites off
> Google without just raisin' hell if I dare click it.....even before I click
> it! Every google website is pre-rated by NIS 2010, right on the Firefox
> browser.

more hypocrisy. if apple pre-rated websites you'd be screaming how
they're watching your every move, but when google does it, you're
happy.

> My Windows experience goes back to DOS 1.0 on an IBM PC running 4.77 Mhz on
> on 8088 with 16K of RAM. All this Apple koolaid bullshit from the fanboiz
> base just doesn't wash.

nor does nearly everything you say.

> I know complete computer ignorants running Win without any protection at
> all and they very RARELY ever get infected, though their system is running
> 24/7 on a cable modem.....with no protection at all!

bullshit.

> Your bullshit just doesn't wash. It's CERTAINLY not worth pay double,
> triple or worse to be in the reality distortion field coming out of
> Cupertino and Daddy Steve's bank account.

except the price is not double or triple.

> Crossposted from ipad over here to ATTWS....and responded to in attws.
>
> What the hell is iPad worrying over Windows viruses for, anyways??

it's not. the point is there is *no* malware on an ipad and the chances
are exceedingly low that there could be. meanwhile, android has had a
couple of instances.
From: nospam on
In article <jollyroger-41B59D.22571930052010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> Actually, the iPhone tether with AT&T, or with any other provider.

actually, it doesn't. the iphone does not tether with at&t at this time
due to at&t's incompetence.

that may change in 4.0.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Prev: Linksys 54G wireless Problem
Next: Newsgroups demise