From: Jeff Liebermann on
On Mon, 31 May 2010 05:02:01 +0000, Larry <noone(a)home.com> wrote:

>But, netbooks don't have touchscreens so it's not fair to compare to mine.

Ummm... there are quite a few Netbooks with touchscreens. Rather than
list them (I'm lazy), please search with Google:
<http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=netbook+touchscreen>

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
From: John Navas on
On Mon, 31 May 2010 16:29:13 +1200, your.name(a)isp.com (Your Name) wrote
in <your.name-3105101629130001(a)203-109-170-215.dial.dyn.ihug.co.nz>:

>The only way to be malware free is to not use Windows at all, or not have
>the computer ever connected to an outside data source (no Internet, no CDs
>/ DVDs, no floppy disks, etc.).

I have Windows machines connected to the Internet and to other data
sources, and I'm totally free of malware, so what you write simply
cannot be true.

--
Best regards,
John

"A little learning is a dangerous thing." -Alexander Pope
"It is better to sit in silence and appear ignorant,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain
"Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn."
-Benjamin Franklin
From: nospam on
In article <7ci606h5hucmoa7h9fsi759uilslbh8f1j(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >The only way to be malware free is to not use Windows at all, or not have
> >the computer ever connected to an outside data source (no Internet, no CDs
> >/ DVDs, no floppy disks, etc.).
>
> I have Windows machines connected to the Internet and to other data
> sources, and I'm totally free of malware, so what you write simply
> cannot be true.

that's because you run anti-virus software, and have told others how
foolish it is not to do so.
From: Your Name on

"Walter Bushell" <proto(a)panix.com> wrote in message
> In article <htukm9$2e9$2(a)lust.ihug.co.nz>,
> "Your Name" <your.name(a)isp.com> wrote:
>
> > "John Navas" <jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Pretty much my thinking as well.
> > > I need a decent keyboard for email, documents, presentations,
> > > annotations, etc.
> >
> > You can get a real keyboard for the iPad - both from Apple and evidently
> > most USB keyboards via the camera adapter ... BUT the iPad is not a
> > computer, never was, never will be.
> >

> > > Why would anyone rationally buy an iPad when (say) the Acer
> > > Aspire One can be had for only $200 (Newegg Memorial Day sale)?
> >
> > You'd buy the iPad just to escape Windoze hell. :-)
>
> To escape Windows Hell, Linux is a decent alternative.

That's like saying a Skoda is an alternative to a Hyundai ... well, it is,
but who wants either of them when you can have a Honda for a few dollars
more. ;-)

From: nospam on
In article <michelle-1D7EDD.19233930052010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> > it reminds me of when windows first came out and dos users said a gui
> > was silly, it's a toy, you can't do real work in a gui, real computer
> > users need a command line, i can write a super cool batch file to do
> > what takes you hours of mousing and clicking, blah blah blah. now those
> > same people use mac and windows and would never touch dos.
>
> I had an instructor in 1988 who was dissing the Mac's trashcan as being
> stupid because people should know how to spell "delete".

i remember people asking me how many columns the original mac screen
had. i said there were no columns, the number of characters per line
varied because almost all fonts were proportional. it all depends what
letters and fonts were used, and what sizes.

quite a few people (mainly geeks) did not understand why that was a
huge step forward or what it meant for users. i even had to explain
what fonts were to a few people.

if it wasn't 80x24 or 132x24 of a fixed size amber or green letters, it
was a toy and they weren't interested.

some people just don't get it.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Prev: Linksys 54G wireless Problem
Next: Newsgroups demise