From: nospam on
In article
<your.name-0106101402460001(a)203-109-168-122.dial.dyn.ihug.co.nz>, Your
Name <your.name(a)isp.com> wrote:

> Not only that, but the multi-button mice can be {beep}ingly annoying. The
> first thing I do when setting up any new Mac is turn off the extra
> buttons. Personally I find the "squeeze" button of the Mighty Mouse
> especially annoying, continually "going off" when I don't want it to just
> because I'm moviing the mouse around.

one thing they did right on the magic mouse is remove the side buttons.
those falsed all the time. unfortunately, the shape of the magic mouse
is not very comfortable, at least for me.
From: nospam on
In article
<your.name-0106101404380001(a)203-109-168-122.dial.dyn.ihug.co.nz>, Your
Name <your.name(a)isp.com> wrote:

> Like the Apple mice, the trackpad does have REAL buttons, they simply
> aren't visible ones. The bottom of the trackpad has at leat one cliackable
> button (I haven't checked to see if there are two separate ones or perhaps
> a left-right rocker switch).

there is only one physical button. everything else is done via
multitouch and software.
From: nospam on
In article <michelle-7C43B5.19234931052010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> > > And claiming unilaterally that it can't tether with AT&T when it can
> > > is even more misleading.
> >
> > not when 90% of iphone users don't jailbreak it isn't.
>
> Yes it is because it denies the fact that you can tether with AT&T via
> jailbreaking.

then apple only had an exclusive with at&t for just a couple of months,
since you could use t-mobile or any other carrier since fall, 2007.
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <310520101931461407%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> > > not when 90% of iphone users don't jailbreak it isn't.
> >
> > Yes it is because it denies the fact that you can tether with AT&T via
> > jailbreaking.
>
> then apple only had an exclusive with at&t for just a couple of months,
> since you could use t-mobile or any other carrier since fall, 2007.

That has nothing to do with the current discussion.

JR
From: nospam on
In article <jollyroger-71E6DC.22241231052010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> > > Yes it is because it denies the fact that you can tether with AT&T via
> > > jailbreaking.
> >
> > then apple only had an exclusive with at&t for just a couple of months,
> > since you could use t-mobile or any other carrier since fall, 2007.
>
> That has nothing to do with the current discussion.

sure it does.

it's possible to use an iphone on other carriers even though it's
unsupported.

works both ways.