From: Your Name on
In article <michelle-DE9E87.19215931052010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article
> <your.name-0106101402460001(a)203-109-168-122.dial.dyn.ihug.co.nz>,
> your.name(a)isp.com (Your Name) wrote:
>
> > Not only that, but the multi-button mice can be {beep}ingly annoying.
> > The first thing I do when setting up any new Mac is turn off the extra
> > buttons. Personally I find the "squeeze" button of the Mighty Mouse
> > especially annoying, continually "going off" when I don't want it to
> > just because I'm moviing the mouse around.
>
> That's the only button on that mouse that I turned off.
>
> Ergonomically, the best mouse (for right handers) that I've ever had was
> the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer and its successors. Unfortunately,
> after two or three years, it became very inaccurate, jumping a bunch of
> pixels at a time when I moved it. After going through three of them like
> that (both the wired and wireless versions), I gave it up for the Mighty
> Mouse.

It may just have needed cleaning, or maybe the wires were coming adrift at
the mouse end.

> The MM had its own problems as well, namely the scroll ball gunking
> up and the lack of usable side buttons, so I'm now using the Magic Mouse.
> The only thing I miss about it is the third button; I don't miss the side
> buttons any more because multitouch with Magic Prefs makes a good
> replacement for them.

I used lots of Mighty Mice and know quite a few people using them, and
there's never been a problem with a "gunky" scroll ball. The only problem
I've had with the scrollball is keep trying to use the non-existant one on
a couple of older Apple Mice or my own ADB mouse. :-)
From: Your Name on
In article <jollyroger-71E6DC.22241231052010(a)news.individual.net>, Jolly
Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <310520101931461407%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
> nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> > > Yes it is because it denies the fact that you can tether with AT&T via
> > > jailbreaking.
> >
> > then apple only had an exclusive with at&t for just a couple of months,
> > since you could use t-mobile or any other carrier since fall, 2007.
>
> That has nothing to do with the current discussion.

That's because the "current discussion" is about Apple mice. ;-)
From: Who Dat? on
Michelle Steiner wrote:
> In article <j9h806psss6da5ltdgu40r4v8g309e1rm6(a)4ax.com>,
> Jeff Liebermann <jeffl(a)cruzio.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, so why duz Apple continue to ship one button mice and laptops with
>> one button touchpads?
>
> Apple hasn't shipped a one-button mouse five years.
>
> Apple's touch pad doesn't have any buttons; the touch pad itself acts as a
> button. One finger for the left button; two fingers for the right. For
> that matter, it can sense up to five fingers.

That's AAPL for ya.... Always thinking of the fisting fanboi and fangirl...

From: Jolly Roger on
In article
<your.name-0106101629510001(a)203-109-166-105.dial.dyn.ihug.co.nz>,
your.name(a)isp.com (Your Name) wrote:

> In article <jollyroger-71E6DC.22241231052010(a)news.individual.net>, Jolly
> Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <310520101931461407%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
> > nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> > > then apple only had an exclusive with at&t for just a couple of months,
> > > since you could use t-mobile or any other carrier since fall, 2007.
> >
> > That has nothing to do with the current discussion.
>
> That's because the "current discussion" is about Apple mice. ;-)

Touche? : )

JR
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <310520102037308059%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:

> > > then apple only had an exclusive with at&t for just a couple of months,
> > > since you could use t-mobile or any other carrier since fall, 2007.
> >
> > That has nothing to do with the current discussion.
>
> sure it does.
>
> it's possible to use an iphone on other carriers even though it's
> unsupported.
>
> works both ways.

Then how is it so hard for you to admit that you can indeed tether the
iPhone on AT&T?

JR